PDA

View Full Version : Lt 80 no low end power

lt80crazy
05-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Suzuki Lt 80 Quadsport "NO" low end power, I have replaced with NEW, air filter, fuel shut off valve, piston/rings/clips/bearing/head & exhaust gaskets. Disassembled/cleaned/inspected carb. Removed/inspected Reed cage. New NGK plug. Removed/cleaned/lubed secondary clutch. Belt is like new. I could not get the primary clutch off but it looks new and shinny and doesn't appear to be hanging up. The only thing I have not done is mess with the Magneto. I have a couple questions I would appreciate any help with...... First; any idea's???? Second; How can I set the timing on this. Third; Will the Lbs of cylinder pressure go up as the rings set because right now I only have 110ft lbs Fourth; Can I replace the Reed cage "phillips screws" with hex bolts and is there a torque spec here? Thanks, email me at testdriverbob@aol.com

rooster300ex
05-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Non powervalve 2 strokes don't have low end power IMO.

lt80crazy
05-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi Rooster, This is my 3rd LT80 so I am used to them.....this one I just bought off Craigslist and it is nothing like the previous 2. I am also familar with a power valve. Any more help is appresiated!

lt80crazy
05-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Found the issue with my 80, the 25 cent keyway that fits in the engine shaft groove and holds the front gear and clutch onto the engine shaft failed which caused the front clutch to intermittently slip on the motor shaft. The slipping caused damage to the inner piece of the clutch which I will be ordering today. Rooster, this was my first experience with posting on bulletin boards and it was a good experience - Thanks again for ur help!

rooster300ex
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Man I was just giving my opinion. Maybe u should of explained more in detail that u have had previous lt80's etc. I have no idea if u know anything about 2 strokes.
Also its appreciated. lol j/k with ya