PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions Need Help!!

DUBSTAR
05-05-2012, 11:47 AM
ok fist question if i am running a stock frame and +3 walsh long travels what size shock should i run? 18.25?

also i have a esr310 kit and im gunna run a 38mm air striker what fuel mixer, spark plug, and jets should i use? im sitting about 3000ft elevation

thanks for all the help!!

C-LEIGH RACING
05-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Shock length, depends on where the lower shock mount is located on the a arms.
If those mounts are in the normal place like stock location, the 18.25 would be good, but you got to look at how much travel the shock has.

MX, most want the bike sitting a set height, but if mine, I would want it with as much height as I could get with plenty of travel for a softer ride, not beat you up as bad on a ruff track.
Neil

DUBSTAR
05-05-2012, 01:06 PM
thanks man what mixture should i use on my motor? i use to have an r but its been so long sence then i cant remeber

C-LEIGH RACING
05-05-2012, 01:20 PM
That as well depends on the type of oil you use.

Most will use a 32:1 mix, 4 oz to the gallon of gas, but you'll find theres some oils can mix leaner than that, like the Amsoil Dominator which can mix 50:1, so check the oil your intending to use & go from there.

32:1 is a good mix, not to rich & not to lean, just remember, if you add more oil thinking it will protect better, your causing the jetting to be leaner because the pre-mix will be thicker.
Anytime you change ratios in your oil/gas mix, always do a jet change as well.
Neil