PDA

View Full Version : New rider, new bike!

JuicyJ
05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey guys, I'm Jordan :) 21 from Florida. I just bought my first 2005 400ex. My boyfriend got me into riding... I love it so far. I can't wait to talk to everyone and start modifying my bike a little!http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo212/PrincessJorday/Riding/Bike2.jpg

CJM
05-04-2012, 08:52 PM
very nice 400!

Welcome to the best 400ex forum around :D

JuicyJ
05-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Thank you! I named him Bentley... he has a few things that need to be fixed.. and few things I wanna change. Grab bar in the back is broken, steering stem is bent (hence the name :) haha). First purchase though were the white carbon fiber plastics. I can't wait to switch em!

Rohr397
05-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by CJM
very nice 400!

Welcome to the best 400ex forum around :D

^No kidding, someone always has the solution to a problem and there's rarely any conflict. I can only think of one member who caused problems but he's gone now anyways :devil:

300exBorg
05-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Congrats on your new bike!!! I remember getting mine and boy I was so excited. There's TONS of good information and people on this site so you def. came to the right spot!

JuicyJ
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Thank you guys!! :) I will post up more pictures of me riding soon! And if I have any questions, I'll def ask you

slightlybent47
05-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the madness.
I would put my money on safety gear first. I see you only have a helmet and boots, even for trail riding I recommend a neck brace and chest protector.
Then you need to keep some parts on hand like a spare chain and sprockets, tire patch kit. Spare air filter would be good to have as well.

Have fun and ride safe!

Check my sig, it speaks volumes.

JuicyJ
05-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Welcome to the madness.
I would put my money on safety gear first. I see you only have a helmet and boots, even for trail riding I recommend a neck brace and chest protector.
Then you need to keep some parts on hand like a spare chain and sprockets, tire patch kit. Spare air filter would be good to have as well.

Have fun and ride safe!

Check my sig, it speaks volumes.

Thank you! I actually had a leatt brace I got for free... but I sold it to help me buy the bike :( but I do have another one in mind and I got the chest protector I want picked out. I just gotta buy one thing at a time. The pants are actually my boyfriends and they are way too big on me.. I kept sliding in my seat while riding and I think my butt crack was showing half the time.

But seriously...thank you for your warm welcome! I def take everything everyone has to say into consideration and I really hope to talk to yall more! :p

Rohr397
05-07-2012, 09:04 PM
For the record, the Atlas neck brace is great! Least restrictive and least likely to break your collarbone in an accident!

Also there's no better set of gear than gear on clearance! 2013 stuff is arriving so it's a great time to find deals online, I've never payed more than $100 for riding gear and I've had Fox 360 and top notch No Fear stuff.

JuicyJ
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Rohr397
For the record, the Atlas neck brace is great! Least restrictive and least likely to break your collarbone in an accident!

Also there's no better set of gear than gear on clearance! 2013 stuff is arriving so it's a great time to find deals online, I've never payed more than $100 for riding gear and I've had Fox 360 and top notch No Fear stuff.

I've been looking on clearance! lots of good deals.. I went the other day to try on helmets. His is a large and xlarge so they are both huge on me. I know that street bike helmets fit differently than off road helmets so I needed to try different brands on.

Rohr397
05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Thor hands down, great helmets for a great price

300exBorg
05-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I would look online for a helmet if I were you. Like previously said you can find some SCORES online right now for clearance gear. I personally am done with buying items in my local shops since they are just so damn expensive. I would only purchase stuff there if I was obligated to. I am sure you'll find some good gear no matter what you do though.

JuicyJ
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 300exBorg
I would look online for a helmet if I were you. Like previously said you can find some SCORES online right now for clearance gear. I personally am done with buying items in my local shops since they are just so damn expensive. I would only purchase stuff there if I was obligated to. I am sure you'll find some good gear no matter what you do though.

I find good deals online all the time :) just need to find out what size pants I wear in men's since they have a bigger variety to choose from!

slightlybent47
05-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Take a trip to your local dealer that carries riding gear and try stuff on. That way you’ll know it will fit.