PDA

View Full Version : Which is best B8ES or BR8ES

rooster300ex
05-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I know alot of 250r guys run BR8ES NGK's. B8ES is what was in my 2000 KX250, but a BR8ES will work in my bike. Which would be better. What's the difference?

fearlessfred
05-05-2012, 10:14 PM
the (r) is for resister and u would never no the diff in how the motor runs

deathman53
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
there is more to the last letter than most know. last letter indicates the size and shape of the end and electrode. S has a fat end and electrode, G had fat end and kinda skinny electrode and V has a skinny electrode a V shaped end. The size and shape have something to do with the spark energy and intensity. I personally use br8ev in my 250rs and 2 stroke dirtbikes. You will never notice the difference between ends except if you lug it and fouling could be an issue, the skinnier electrode and V end resists fouling alot more. The number in it(2nd or 3rd spot) indicates the heat range of the electrocode. The lower the number, the higher amount of heat it retains, as so its a "hotter" plug. Many use them the control fouling issues, its not the right way and can result in it running too hot and piston melting.

rooster300ex
05-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm checking out the br8ev's on ngk and they say they are obselete or whatever. Where do u get em. Cuz I try not to lug my bike but sometimes u got to.