PDA

View Full Version : Trevorton vs St. Clair?

OldGuyonaQuad
05-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm planning an over nighter next weekend and was going to head up to Trevorton but of course my buddy always knows of "some place" that is so much better becasue he heard it from someone three parties removed. He claims that people have told him that St. clair is the place to ride. It's 45 mionutes closer to me then Trevoroton so I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Any of you been to both and if so how do they stack up (I'm trail blazing no coal hills..only to watch the crashs) or know much about riding / parking / camping in this area?

I see Minersville is really close to St. Clair are they one in the same?

(you sure do ask a lot of questions Roseane Roseannadana)

Thanks in advance for your help.

quadracer556
05-07-2012, 08:45 PM
hey man whats happenin?let me start by saying i dont know the answer to your question,sorry. we did our "minersville" trip on sat and after reading your question it inspired me to look hard into the maps surrounding the area we go.we put on about 60 miles and run between lavelle and shamokin,all trails only crossing roads,this is all off of 901 and northwest of 81 at the minersville exit.the cool part was we ran into some guys that rode from minersville to our campsite,a good 25 miles of trails they said.the first words out of their mouth were how do you get to trevorton?great question,and one we've been trying to answer for about a year now.well we did our standard day,eating lunch after morning hillclimb warmups,fueling up and making the run to shamokin.the furthest west we go.we always see riders in that area but never know where they go but we caught a break that day and spied a trail a small group took.our plan for the end of the month is we're doing an overnighter(hopefully) down that way and intend on finding our way to trevorton by hook or by crook on trails.last fall we met some guys on their way back from that mission so i know it is possible.if all goes well in the next year we'll have the route plotted from minersville to trevorton,from the rough numbers i've been hearing that should be approx a 60-75 mile trip one way not including hillclimbs and playing around/exploring.that will make one hell of an overnight 2 day ride.sorry so long but we're really close to cracking it.you guys should try to link up with us at the end of the month,dont have a specific date yet but we should be in touch.where we go the hills are all optional and there's a lot of good trails connecting every spot.let me know man.

OldGuyonaQuad
05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Sounds good to me, good luck with cracking the trails I'm still trying to find my way to the whale back :D

quadracer556
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
ha ha good luck with that man.if i knew what it was i would try to help but we have enough problems figuring this one out.i think what we have to do is switch up our game plan and head over to shamokin first and try to link up with some people heading to trevorton,get on it early in the day.oh well,we're close.we'll get it.

OldGuyonaQuad
05-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Let me know if you need info on where to park/camp @ trevorton & I will pm you.

quadracer556
05-09-2012, 07:38 PM
thx man,will do.our problem right now is we want to be able to park where we do and ride to trev. it will pretty much be a day just doing that and dicking around a little.

OldGuyonaQuad
05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Sorry I misunderstood your reply, I thought you wanted to start out in Shamoken and find your way to one of your trails.

I'm heading up next Sunday (I think) if you wanna ride I'm posting something right after this.

dman66
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey guys always looking for freinds to ride with. Hard to get the group together when we all have kids. I have a Brute 750 4x4.I've been to Minnersville and St. Clair,but never been to Treverton.I would pick Minnersville over St. Clair for trail riding,but I still have not seen all of St. Clair. I have seen people camping out at Minnersville and wondered how the hell they pulled in their campers.I gotta try to get up to Trevorton one day......

OldGuyonaQuad
05-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by dman66
Hey guys always looking for freinds to ride with. Hard to get the group together when we all have kids. I have a Brute 750 4x4.I've been to Minnersville and St. Clair,but never been to Treverton.I would pick Minnersville over St. Clair for trail riding,but I still have not seen all of St. Clair. I have seen people camping out at Minnersville and wondered how the hell they pulled in their campers.I gotta try to get up to Trevorton one day......

We have a nice group going this sunday if you want in.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=487679

dman66
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Where you guys riding Sunday - That's if the wife would allow me two days of riding.LOL -

OldGuyonaQuad
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
RTe 2044 & anthracite rd, Trevorton, PA if you are intrested shoot me contact info via pm and I will call or text you later in the week to work out a spot to meet up.

That reminds me Marc Cabella's or Allentwon Rest stop on turnpike? Where d oyou want to meet up?

CJM
05-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
RTe 2044 & anthracite rd, Trevorton, PA if you are intrested shoot me contact info via pm and I will call or text you later in the week to work out a spot to meet up.

That reminds me Marc Cabella's or Allentwon Rest stop on turnpike? Where d oyou want to meet up?

Not sure yet Tom. I recall cabelas is in harrisburg, Allentown reststop on the turnpike might be better. Ill let you know.