PDA

View Full Version : K&N Airfilter oil.....How to apply onto the airfilter??

300EX_HMF
03-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Yeah my brother has a full bottle of K&N airfilter oil that he uses for his banshee air filter. I was wondering how to apply this onto my air filter cause right now hes in texas right now and i need to know how to apply it? please help!
Thanks

300EX_HMF
03-05-2003, 03:31 PM
BUMP???????

dariusld
03-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Do you have a K&N filter? If so make sure it is clean and dry. This is how I do it, other people may have different methods. I start at a certain point on the filter that I will remember. Then I go up and down while I'm turning the filter till I get back to spot I started at. Make sure you cover it all. Let it sit for awhile and see if there are any white spots on the filter, these are spots you need to do over again. Let it dry again, then put it back on the bike. Before you oil, make sure its CLEAN.

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
you couldve have said it better...

Ty's400
03-06-2003, 06:07 PM
It is a fairly simple. First wash the filter really good so there is no dirt in the filter (K&N airfilter cleaner works best). Then let it dry really good, I usually let it dry over night if I'm in no hurry to put it back on. Then once it is dry spray the filter in streaks (lines) the opposite way the grooves are or sideways. Do this to the whole filter until it looks red. Then let that dry for like 20 minutes (it should say on the oil spray can). Then check for spots that aren't red and spray them. Once you have the whole filter covered make sure it's dry and your ready to go! Hope I could help