PDA

View Full Version : motivational speech

thequadfather+2
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I just thought I would share this inspirational speech with everyone before you guys head out to Maryland... This is hands down the best speech I have ever heard. Dont mind the video, just listen to the speech. I tried to rip it and convert it to an mp3 file so I could use it in a quad video but it is protected...

...Maybe you like flies in your soup.:devil:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HLxI74AjsTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ryko racing
05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Nice. My son will hear that speech tonite.. There is nothing wrong with just having fun but a lot of very talented athletes never make it because they dont have the killer instinct.

I remember Bob Hurricane Hannah saying that he hated everyone he raced against that way he had an edge.

HE FELT THEY WANTED TO TAKE AWAY WHAT HE HAD..

I believe Vince Lombardi felt the same way.....And there was never a better character builder than him.

Now lets do it

#404's Dad
05-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Awesome!!!

thequadfather+2
05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I took it as -- He is trying to motivate people into believing that settling for less than what they can do isnt good enough. The fight is with second place, dont be satisfied with that because there is still someone left to beat...If you are satisfied with it then thats where you will always be.

I believe it is about being the best you can be and not settling for second best. If you are pushing your self to be first then you will always be pushing...always.

he has a speech about being the under-dog and how heart and determination trumps statistics and logic. It is actually really cool but I have been waiting to use it in another video.

Ryko racing
05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
id like to hear more. Where do i find this info?

thequadfather+2
05-03-2012, 02:38 PM
This is the one I am talking about, after you click on it a message will appear just click on the "watch on youtube" link on the screen.You can find most of this stuff on you tube. Just type in -- Inspirational speech by John Doman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PiyOF6DW-Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tim kapopoulos
05-04-2012, 05:54 AM
WOW ......... WOW!!

edwardsp&b
05-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Ben listened to it twice today before hitting the track. We will do it again in the morning. Again great vid!
Bryan

fomospede
05-05-2012, 06:31 AM
it is obvious that us as parents have the drive and inspiration to work endless hours tuning, brainstorming and training
and will do anything to instill that passion in our youth
but its funny what the fist bump a hug and a attaboy will do after they have a dog fight to the checkers
at 9 my boy runs
begs to mtb the local single tracks
and has been downloading muscular development on his computer
i showed him the 2nd video and he watched again and again this AM
THANKS QUADFATHER+2
positive reinforcment
win or break or crash

thequadfather+2
05-05-2012, 08:17 AM
competition will be a part of their lives from now on....It's a competition just to get a job or a promotion. If you have your own business then you better be pretty dam good at competition if your gonna survive....It's in everything we do, it's a part of every day life.

If you instill in your kids to achieve all they can possibly achieve every time they go out on the track and never settle for a second best effort then that will go with them the rest of their life. First place is the goal (or should be) for every one. We are not there to run 5th. Now, if we don't win does that mean we weren't succesful? Well that depends on the effort we gave, but it doesn't change the fact we were there to be 1st.

You can watch the kids on the track and tell which ones want to be first. He/she may be running 5th but they are letting it all hang out, plastic falling off, axle bent, quad sputtering and the kid just keeps pushing hard........thats a competitor, that comes from inside the kid, thats what I want to instill in my 2 boys...Desire.

You ever seen a kid cry because they got 2nd place? Some do it because they don't like to get beat by anyone....The desire to be 1st was that important to them.

I have voiced my disappointment with my kids over a 3rd, 5th or 10th place finish but it was about the EFFORT not the position. We celebrated a strong finish at Kentucky last year (3rd) because he gave his absolute best effort and I could see it.

redonkulousruntsracing
05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Love it... second place who? EXACTLY!!!

Logan #34's Dad
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Cool speech and Cool Video. Believe it or not - I used to race those things "back in the day". Once I had a wife, babies and saw a man loose his life at Road Atlanta, It was time to re-think things.
I was clocked on Road Atlanta's back stretch just before the ole gravity cavity at 167mph! There is no greater feeling than sailing into a turn at 100mph plus thinking - oh crap - then coming through it only to do it 20 more times in one lap.