PDA

View Full Version : Quadtech hump seat install ?

AtvKid4Eva
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Hey guys I just installed a QT hump seat onto my stock 450r seat pan. I pulled everything tight and for the life of me can not get a couple tiny ripples out up in the front where the bend is. They are barely noticeable, but are driving me crazy. What is the secret to getting them out besides pulling tight lol. The seat looks mint otherwise. Thanks!

DnB_racing
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
it might be too late for my way , as youve already mounted it,
but the way I did it, was to stitch some fire wire underneath on one of the seams , and needle it through the foam, and I pulled the covering tight with the strings acting like a spring type of support and attached the fire wire to the pan with staples

AtvKid4Eva
05-01-2012, 09:25 PM
These are very very tiny ..there has to be some secret to it

Scro
05-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Let it sit in the sun for a few hours. This will loosen it, and make it easier to work with. You can also use a heat gun, but you have to be careful to not burn it.

hybrid.mx.11
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Ill let one of mine out spray on adhesive you can pick it up at a local hardware store or Walmart I know you have already installed it and I know I wouldn't want to take a 175 qt seat cover back off but spraying the adhesive then laying the seat on it and holding it tight for just a little bit will hold it in place great and ANOTHER tip pulling it too tight will always make it ripple goodluck

AtvKid4Eva
05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks..I was thinking About the spray adhesive since I have done that before. It's very small so I may just leave it..