PDA

View Full Version : fcr39 yet again

e gracie
03-05-2003, 11:01 AM
sorry to go on but this fing is really gettin on me tits now...

for the life off me i can not get it to run WOT whatever i do..
imfo off carb!
serNo S40A3 QH29
fcr 39 with choke apparentyly its the yzf carb only differnce is drilled for choke purchased new in uk
52 pilot jet
main jets i have tryed 155,165,160,170,185,190
changed needle as told buy u guys to 5nl-14916-en
air jet at rear of carb intake side 200
tryed every setting u can fink off and getting no place with it up to half or 3/4 throttle goes like stink after that its blubber time..
even tryed it with the excelerator pump bar off in case it was hammering to much fuel up it..no good either.
put original carb on with 165 main and its perfect but it aint doing what i want it to do .ims 440cc kit installed with gas flowed head, fmf power bomb 4. my m8s 400 with few mods still out dragging this. keeps taking the micky an all.....very annoying.any suggestions gr8tly appreciated...?

if i go back to original carb yet again any suggestions on what jets to use
pilot?
main?
needle position?
as a starting fiqure to get the most out off it.again many thanx in advance e,gracie

zroost
03-05-2003, 01:35 PM
take off your top cap to carb...your piston valve might have been disconnected accidently or you did not put the spring on right that connects it..maybe this will help...

MIKE400EX
03-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Have you checked to see if you are running out of fuel at the carb? Do you have an in-line fuel filter? Run the bike up under load to where it sputters/falls flat, and without letting off "the gas" turn the fuel valve off, pull in the clutch and kill the motor quickly. Please try to do this w/o inflicting any bodily harm upon yourself or others! After you've stopped, open the drain on the bottom of the carb and see if there is any fuel in the bowl.
Check for an air leak between the cylinder and carb(such as a cracked boot)?
Loosen the gas cap and see if the problem goes away (don't do this if you have a very full gas tank - raw gas burns skin).
Make sure all the vent lines are open and not clogged or pinched.
Good Luck!

Extremeracer167
03-05-2003, 02:18 PM
:p i got the adjuster screw from C&D and it solved all problems i had with my FCR. Took a little machining to get it to fit right, but its all setup now, and n more hesitation!

Chanman420q
03-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by zroost
take off your top cap to carb...your piston valve might have been disconnected accidently or you did not put the spring on right that connects it..maybe this will help...

yo dude check ur PMs

Bean
03-05-2003, 02:41 PM
i broke the needle off in my carb once, on a Airstryker 38mm, but it ran sweet untill 3/4 to WOT, then it bogged and sputtered, lol

e gracie
03-05-2003, 02:51 PM
unless its me? i have nt got any pm to view?????