PDA

View Full Version : WTB 8x7 beadlocks or looking for help on rim size to run the 18x8 quad cross on

bigdaddy77
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey guys need some help , wanting some 8x7 beadlock rear wheels. honda 4x110 pattern. Or some help with what wheel is best for the 18x8 ITP quad cross tire. Right now we have maxxis 940's on dwt 8x8 bead locks. There just a little to much for the 4 stroke motor.

Logan #34's Dad
04-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Hmmmm, Why do you say the 8x8 with 940 is too much for your 4stroke?
I was wanting to do the exact opposite on our Honda. We just may be able to make an even trade....

zach R 7x
04-30-2012, 04:49 AM
hey Rocky, I got a set of 940's for sale,I would do a trade with ya! Give me a call.

bigdaddy77
04-30-2012, 05:59 AM
Ya Rocky I would be open to a trade of one set of my 940's. They are brand new never been riden on. Heres the story with the Pitster. We are a little down on power, and working to fix that but with Adam being only 8 and this is only the start of our second year racing I feel the smaller Quad cross tire will help him corner and give us a little better jump out of the hole. The 940's just seem to have a little bounce to them. Give me a call or text Thanks Brian 618-975-7303 Ps Im not trading you back your DWT beadlocks though.

greenmachine70
04-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Ride1Rob was running 8x8 with m940's on that typhoon he built and they were the ticket. Take a look at the G-Force wheels with the rolled lip at rocky mountain atv. They arent beadlocks but they take a lot of abuse and hold up very well. I have been running them on our blaster since beginning of last season(19 race season) and they look great even after banging in the holeshots a few scuffs but no dents. They are very light and with the 940 combination you will get what your looking for. Never had a problem losing the bead either.

bigdaddy77
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
we have had very good luck with the 940's DWT beadlock combination. Was just wanting to try the ITP QuadCross tires. And i dont think they will fit on a 8x8 wheel. I could be wrong if so could somebody please let me know.

Logan #34's Dad
04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sure the smaller quadcross tire would mount on an 8x8 rim and that would probably make them better because it would flatten the tread across the tire - imo. Thats only a half inch both ways....
I want Maxxis rear tires so we can collect on the contingency money...... imo, Beadlocks are not necessary on these lil quads BUT they look cool!
I will be removing both front and rear beadlocks from the Honda as soon as I can afford new stuff....
I've got a set of gold speed fronts I'd trade for some Maxxis razrcross fronts - 20"

greenmachine70
05-01-2012, 05:50 AM
They will definitely fit on the 8x8. My suggestion was just so you guys can keep the power you have in the minis. These rims are super light and they are super cheap in case you think they dont work for you. The black wheels hold up much better than any powdercoated black wheel out there.
Also the quadcross on an 8x8 would set just a bit lower which should also be a plus. However the quadcross tire is very heavy compared to the 940 so rim choice is even more crucial.

bigdaddy77
05-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I just knew it was a struggle to get the 940's on . And then i was also told they wouldnt work on a 8x8 so I scraped the idea for a while.
Hey Rocky if I hadnt screwed up when I ordered our front tires and got the 19"tall tires I would trade ya.
Also Rocky do you have any idea how much hp and torque your Honda is making? We have the Pitster motor with the Takegawa 4 valve motor and we seem to be way down on power. We left some room for compression increase and switching to better fuel but before we load up and go run a national We want to be at on least be close hp. Dont worry the little man is only 8 and starting our second season of racing.