PDA

View Full Version : moto4 ?

crlt250r
04-29-2012, 09:12 AM
My youngest really enjoys his old bike, but really can't take advantage of it due to its lack of suspension.. Would it be better to mod it out and rework it to add suspension, or just get him a Pitster? He already knows how to shift, because the Yammy is a 4 speed semi-auto.. It doesn't really look like it would be too difficult to do, main issue is the shaft drive. What do you all think?

jay-r
04-29-2012, 09:47 AM
If you are wanting to stay 4 stroke shifter, the Pitster is a very good option. You will spend a ton of money on a moto 4 and never get close to the suspension of a Pitster. The chain drive is not an issue. Spray with lube and adjusst periodically.

The Pitster is a physically large youth quad that favors a larger child. Keep that in mind. The 90s are auto clutch and electric start.

greenmachine70
04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
You live in Tampa, call "dirt road Motorsports" in Mulberry. He is a typhoon dealer and he also has other minis. The pitster is nearly as big as a raptor 250

crlt250r
04-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was that big. Seems as though it may just be better to go with the Typhoon then. Definitely don't want to go through all the same headaches I went through with my 7 yr olds ride..

crlt250r
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Tommy at duty toad motorsports told me this afternoon that Xtreme folded in 2010, which is why all the knock offs have flooded the market and made Xtremes' reputation do bad....