PDA

View Full Version : finger pains..???

speedy400
03-05-2003, 10:07 AM
hey, I after 2-3 hour rides my fingers start to hurt a lot. It seems like the power is too much for my fingers or something, it happend when I had my banshee too, it seems to only happend when its fairly cold out(20 degrees to -10 degrees) have you guys ever had this problem? I'm affraid it'd kick in when I'm racing. thanks-darren

honda_250x_87
03-06-2003, 06:42 PM
hey man.. i had the same problem.. the other day when i took my bike out (i put it away for winter) after about 20 minutes of cold drivin my hands got sore.. all last summer they were fine tho.. ahh well, i guess were just nuts.. lol..

QuadJunkies
03-07-2003, 07:16 AM
yes, I know just what you mean, and my wrists kill me after too.It took me almost 4 days fro my wrists to recooperate from this wk ends riding.:( WE rode for about 14 hours for the whole wk end, so Im sure that plays a factor,but I notice my wrist hurt when ever I ride .. I think that grips have a big part in this .I also know what they mean by "arm pump" now,especially in cold weather...

speedy400
03-07-2003, 09:23 AM
alright adleast I'm not the only one, yeah I wouldnt doubt if arm pump did contribute a little, the 1st time I got that feeling is when we drove 12 hours to Little Saharah and it ended up being in the 20s and freezing rain while we were there, the next wekend it was in the 60's and sunny:rolleyes:

tants
03-07-2003, 03:00 PM
are you talking about arm pump? if not.. your fingers hurt because its so cold and cold air blows on them... it hurts cause warm blood is trying to make it threw smaller veins (cold makes things condense) so thats the pain your feeling. i suggest warmer gloves or even hand guards to block the wind

speedy400
03-07-2003, 03:54 PM
tants, I think your right, it seems to only happen when I dont have the right gloves for the conditions, thanks-darren

Derek
03-08-2003, 10:32 AM
No matter what the tempurature is my fingers hurt. Its cause i snapped the tendons in all my fingers. Not fun. But, no pain no gain.

Nausty
03-08-2003, 02:04 PM
whats arm pump? Something you get after jerking off to long?:huh

Rip_Tear
03-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Its probaly just because its cold out, it happens to me all the time when riding my sled, I just turn the hand/thumb warmers on and it goes right away!:devil

CHAUNCY
03-08-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Its probaly just because its cold out, it happens to me all the time when riding my sled, I just turn the hand/thumb warmers on and it goes right away!:devil

Where can I get a set of those for my 400 ???

speedy400
03-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
whats arm pump? Something you get after jerking off to long?:huh
lol, no,arm pump is when you grip too tight on your handle bars and you loose blood circulation. thats all I know about it.-darren

03-08-2003, 07:59 PM
when ur scared or nervous u tighten up, i like to ride relaxed

Derek
03-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
lol, no,arm pump is when you grip too tight on your handle bars and you loose blood circulation. thats all I know about it.-darren

lol i think he knows what it is

Ryan
03-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Well for the finger sollution, you could try doing some wrist and finger crunches with weights. Build up muscle in your fingers if thats what your straigning.

As for arm pump... Read this thread (http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48455 ) . I find it very helpful.

Narly R
03-08-2003, 09:46 PM
My fingers only hurt when its cold, because of the cold..............:huh anyways if they hurt when its worm ya just need to ride more. Just ride a lot and it will never happen agin. I know, I didnt ride after about 2 weeks (god only knows why!) and I got sore!!!! I couldnt belive it!!

Nausty
03-08-2003, 09:57 PM
yah your not getting blood to your fingers, the muscles to your fingers are just pass the wrist I think so I don't think exercising would help. Right before the race when your at the gate just put your hands behind the exhaust and that warms them up quick. lol, just make sure the motor doesn't backfire sending out flames.:eek2: (I saw that happen to a guy while staging at a race and I was right behind him waiting and he left his motor on making me breath in all the fumes for a while to then watch him put his hand behind the exhaust to warm it and I hear a KAPOW and see flames shoot out.)

speedy400
03-09-2003, 03:04 PM
LMAO! I'll make sure not have that happen. thanks for the help guys.-darren:p

KrazyKid300ex
03-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by tants
are you talking about arm pump? if not.. your fingers hurt because its so cold and cold air blows on them... it hurts cause warm blood is trying to make it threw smaller veins (cold makes things condense) so thats the pain your feeling. i suggest warmer gloves or even hand guards to block the wind

i disagree. i think it is something with my hands not getting blood. my hands are always cold. last night i was in the snow with sweat pants and shortsleeve and winter gloves. my hands get too cold too fast. there is something wrong. im going to ask the doctor. heck i even wear winter gloves riding half way through spring.

AtvMxRider
03-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
yes, I know just what you mean, and my wrists kill me after too.It took me almost 4 days fro my wrists to recooperate from this wk ends riding.:( WE rode for about 14 hours for the whole wk end, so Im sure that plays a factor,but I notice my wrist hurt when ever I ride .. I think that grips have a big part in this .I also know what they mean by "arm pump" now,especially in cold weather...

My wrist hurts sometimes to so I just switch hands:eek: .;) :devil

flyin#5
03-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
My wrist hurts sometimes to so I just switch hands:eek: .;) :devil

lmao!

mine get like that too. after a while they get hard to move and they are stuck in handlebar position:eek2: so then i carry an extra pair of handlebars on my hands so my hands dont look silly:huh :rolleyes:

redrooster
03-09-2003, 06:37 PM
get yourself a pair of neoprenes thats the cats meow!! never been more comfortable riding in the dead of winter.:D

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 01:04 AM
My wrist hurts sometimes to so I just switch hands:eek: .;) :devil ROFLMGDFAO:eek: :blah :devil :p

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
i disagree. i think it is something with my hands not getting blood. my hands are always cold. last night i was in the snow with sweat pants and shortsleeve and winter gloves. my hands get too cold too fast. there is something wrong. im going to ask the doctor. heck i even wear winter gloves riding half way through spring. Good to go and ckeck it out., I know I have problems with my tendons in my hands and have poor circulation, and all the posting I do here Im sure dont help any:p :D LOL>...

QuadJunkies
03-10-2003, 01:09 AM
My wrist hurts sometimes to so I just switch hands:eek: .;) :devil Jerry ...what are you gonna do when you BOTH hands give out? LMAO!:huh :D

exriderdude
03-10-2003, 07:36 AM
sometimes when i ride fullbore for a long time my fingers get stuck... like in the position that im holding on to the grip, they are completely stiff, i cant move them. it scared me the first time it happened, it not so bad now though.

my wrists are totally screwed up, they always hurt, especially after riding, you get used to it though:D

AtvMxRider
03-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Jerry ...what are you gonna do when you BOTH hands give out? LMAO!:huh :D

Call for help. ;) :D :blah

QuadJunkies
03-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Call for help. ;) :D :blah

speedy400
03-11-2003, 09:27 AM
well I'll beable to determine if its the cold or not in a few days, its been in the teens latly, friday the high will be 49 here:D

bmw500hp
03-16-2003, 12:22 PM
on a serious note...if you want to increase your grip and forearm strengh do wrist rolls...

get a broom pole 24" in length and drill a hole in the middle..then put a rope through the hole and attach a 25lb weight to the end....hold the pole in front of you with your arms in riding position and "roll" the rope and weight up....If you do this every day until it hurts for a month or so you will freak at how much strength and endurance your forearms get from rolling and shoulders from holding out the weight..

me and a fellow riders started about 1-1/2 months ago..we could do the weight fully 2 times...now we can do 6..it makes a big difference...

Derek
03-16-2003, 02:05 PM
yea...do that until u cant tie your own shoes. Great forearm workout.

QuadJunkies
03-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
on a serious note...if you want to increase your grip and forearm strengh do wrist rolls...

get a broom pole 24" in length and drill a hole in the middle..then put a rope through the hole and attach a 25lb weight to the end....hold the pole in front of you with your arms in riding position and "roll" the rope and weight up....If you do this every day until it hurts for a month or so you will freak at how much strength and endurance your forearms get from rolling and shoulders from holding out the weight..

me and a fellow riders started about 1-1/2 months ago..we could do the weight fully 2 times...now we can do 6..it makes a big difference... Thats a cool idea...;)

03-18-2003, 08:00 AM
My fingers sometimes just get cramps when i am riding. Not only when it is cold, but everytime. In fact, sometimes, i get my hand stuck in the same shape as my throttle(lol) and it wont move.:(

bmw500hp
03-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Derek
yea...do that until u cant tie your own shoes. Great forearm workout.

yo! do i detect a flame?

Derek
03-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
yo! do i detect a flame?

ummmm no....when u do that workout right, its really hard to tie your shoes.