PDA

View Full Version : transmission gears

chris p.
04-29-2012, 06:27 AM
hey guys.we broke our 15 tooth input shaft yesterday at an open practice.before i order a replacement i wanted to see what the difference would be by maybe switching to a 13 or 11 tooth shaft if possible along with the corresponding gears.would one have more top end vs low end?? we run a 90cc malossi big bore with a mach1 pipe and a 19/28 sprocket set.this is the first set that we broke and the other gears are going to be welded up.were new to the broken gear club so any info would be great.i guess were lucky that they lasted this long !!! thanks alot,chris.

Logan #34's Dad
04-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey Chris, You'll have to change all the gears if you go to another set up.
I've got a complete set of the over-range gears if your interested.
Sprockets will be affected..

Adrian Powell
04-30-2012, 08:34 PM
what does over range gears consist of.?

Logan #34's Dad
04-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Adrian Powell
what does over range gears consist of.?

The overrange gears are said to be stronger than the regular 90 gears because when the gears mess together there are more teeth interlocked together.
Traditionally we all use/have the regular 90 gears. They spin the sprocket one time for every nine rotations of the clutch bell. When people on here are asking about what sprockets to run the answers are assuming they have the 9:1 gears.
Now, the overrange transmission gears are 7:1 ratio - which means the clutch bell turns 7 times for the sprocket to turn once. Soo, you can see how that would affect sprocket choice. It spools up quicker so you'll need larger sprockets.
Hope that helps.....

chris p.
04-30-2012, 10:14 PM
logan #34's dad, i sent you a pm :confused: :D

Adrian Powell
05-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Do u know where i could get some 7;1 gears that r straight cut ,instead of angle cut.