PDA

View Full Version : think opsec.

buck440
04-27-2012, 06:57 PM
here lately i've been thinking of how every post i have on here is a link in google. that's well over 2,000 links. just today i typed ****** ******** in google and 4 pictures of my bike poped up that i was selling with my name, address ect... kinda gave me a strange feeling.

a while back someone made a profile on twitter preetending to be me with all my info and pictures. just out of curiosity could the admin or whoever delete all my previous post's. i know i can but 1by1by1by1...it'll be forever. just wondering, thanks.

ben300
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
life lock.....then **** it...live in intranet infamy!

CJM
04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome to life. If you give your name out and address anywhere your SOL. Its stored somewhere even if you delete it

buck440
04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
i did a quick look at life lock. i remember that commercial where that guy posted his social security # on tv. this is what happened... quote,

"Former LifeLock CEO Todd Davis was the victim of identity theft 13 times during 2007 and 2008, after he "publicly posted his Social Security number on billboards and in TV commercials as part of a campaign to promote his company's credit monitoring services"

i always thought that the social security # he posted was fake but i guess not lol.

buck440
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Welcome to life. If you give your name out and address anywhere your SOL. Its stored somewhere even if you delete it

i know that but i'm wanting it gone from the opportunistic eyes. if someone wants to dig for it than oh well but i want them to work for it.