PDA

View Full Version : Time for some new nerfs....

dripinc09
04-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Alright heres the deal, Im sick of having to weld my nerfs. The net tabs bust off, and I just cracked a tube. (Im kind of hard on my rig)

What are the ones to get these days?

I am thinking heelguards are a must, but I want to be able to fit my 22" paddles.

I like the lowerprofile of the AC heelguard.

But my bro swears by his Pro Armors.

Experiences/suggestions would be sweet!

Cheers!

CJM
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
I have the tusk with the heel guards, but I only run 20's so no idea if they would fit yours. They do however hold up, Ive bashed, beat and whatnot and never had an issue.

I also like proarmor, everyone I know that has them hasnt had an issue.

Stickman400
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
The old style Pro Armors that are nerf/heel guard and NO pegs are worthless. Idk if they redesigned them yet or not but mine barely cleared my 20s and they contacted the back of them when my suspension bottomed out and ended up breaking the welds everywhere on them. I ended up bending them back the way they should be and having a friend TIG them back up and then PC'ing them

Anyway if I were you I'd go with the Fat Peg Pro-Armors or the Rock/Tusk nerfs, those are the only good ones around these days for a fairly cheap price and hold up well. Blingstar is good too but they are pricey.

jkosakowski
04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
I got pro armor fat pegs they have the healguard built in and they are JUNK in my opinion. They lasted a half a year before the heal guard started to break (i am sortave hard on them racing xc). For the price im just gona get the tusk ive herd good things about them and you cant beat the price.

Nick24
04-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I really like my Alba Pro Elite nerfs. They were on it when I bought so not sure how much they cost, but they have held up well. They have the bigger pegs also.

Drfat400ex
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
My pro-armors bent really easy, and pro armor's customer service sucks!! one of the mounts under the frame fell off and they wont tell me where I can get another one, and their "replacement parts" page is blank. They look and work fine otherwise but still.

d90rick
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Easy, Rath Racing

dxcody
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by d90rick
Easy, Rath Racing

Going to agree.

Pricey but Rath has AMAZING customer service and awesome products.

However a cheaper route to go would be (as mentioned above) Alba Pro Peg's.

They run $185 and are identical to Rock, Tusk, etc.

Dont know about clearing the tires with 22" tho.

finsteratv
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah..After a few rides I've already cracked my pro-armor nerfs at the heel guard..I mean they do get beat in the heel guard area due to dune whoops and jumping but still..The welds are pathetic!

dripinc09
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by dxcody

Dont know about clearing the tires with 22" tho. [/B]

I Rub a bit at a squat with my current nerfs (and 22" paddles).

If I end up needing a smaller set, it isn't the end of the world since I use them maybe 2 out of 12 months.

I Run 20" Razrs regularly so no problems there.

dripinc09
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Im going to look into the Alba Pro Pegs. They have good reviews online everywhere it seems.

Maybe my local cycle shop have some. They tend to have a bunch of popular online stuff instock.

dxcody
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I had a set of Rocks that were literally identical, and i loved them.

Im going to buy a set of the Alba pro pegs during this build im doing.

cheater13
04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CJM
I have the tusk with the heel guards, but I only run 20's so no idea if they would fit yours. They do however hold up, Ive bashed, beat and whatnot and never had an issue.

I also like proarmor, everyone I know that has them hasnt had an issue.
I agree with CJM about the tusk. I ordered them for mine and they are pegs, nerfs, and heel guards all together for around 170 bucks i think off rockymountain. Mine also been through some abuse and they don't show it either. The only thing is that i had to use all different bolts to install it because the other ones was either too long or too short for some odd reason.

CJM
04-27-2012, 02:51 PM
The thing I dont like about the albas is they bolt differently to the frame by the motor mounts. They have a tube they slide into-this tube eventually loosens up and can break.

The tusks are identical but mount to the motor mounts directly.

HondaRacing83
04-27-2012, 03:59 PM
probably because alba, tusk, rock and g force are all owned and made by tusk..

Ruby Soho
04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
i had oldschool AC nerfs, and ill be honest if i ever bought another quad id rock them again. they were simple, not large, and looked good. doubled up 450r pegs and i had a sweet set up