PDA

View Full Version : Carb Question

WISH1965
04-26-2012, 07:43 AM
I just got my 2005 450R out of the shed this week and filled it up with fuel, got it running and then fule was coming out the bottom vent tube. I had this problem about a year ago and had the carb professionally rebuilt and the problem seemed resolved until i just got my quad running again from sitting all winter. Is this a hung up float? The bike runs okay when it is running but the fuel comes out of the vent tube too much to ride it. It is the bottom vent tube on the bottom of the float bowl of the carb. Any thoughts or resolutions? Is this a float issue? I don't know that this matters but the quad gets ridden about 3 - 4 times a year because my son races quads and i do not have the time to ride as much as i would like? Do not think ride time matters but i figured i would throw that in to the equation as well. Help appreciated. Thanks.

Honda4life05
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah the float is sticking in the "on" position. the fuel will get too full then go out of the overflow tube. The floats job is to shut the fuel off getting into the bowl when it has reached a certain level. it's an easy fix but you will have to take the carb off. do you add any stabilizer when it let it sit for any amount of time?

WISH1965
04-26-2012, 11:40 AM
yes i do add Sta-bil knowing it will sit. Do i need to replace the float or take carb off, remove the bowl & just move the float around to free it up. i know I had this problem on one of our mini quads, move the float around and it was good to go.