PDA

View Full Version : stuck in first

2STROKIN
04-25-2012, 09:00 PM
my buddy has a banshee and after ridding at bundy hill it will no longer come out of first. the clutch seems like it dosent disengage as much as it should when pulled in. idk what to do any help would b great. wont even shift out not running.

audioworks04
04-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Going to need a little more info. Why isnt it running? If the clutch isnt fully disengaging try adjusting it first, which on a banshee kind of sucks due to the adjuster being behind the clutch cover. If this solves all the problems great, but also could be shift star or shift fork.

2STROKIN
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
it runs great just wont come out of first. i also have a 86 250r and never really did anything with banshees. but regardless of the clutch condition wouldnt it still shift when not running? the shift lever is like kinda hard 2 move and wont click in any dif gear or neutral

audioworks04
04-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes, without the clutch it should still shift through the gears when not running. I would say that if it is not shifting then you have a problem in the cases. First pull of the side cover and look at the shift star along with its linkage. If that is all fine then youll have to dig deeper. Pick up a manual, it can mean the difference between getting it back together and tearing it back apart.

2STROKIN
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
we started and it looks like its not engaging the shift drum or star so were going to take off the basket and see what we see]

265 sleeper
10-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Could be the shift shaft broken between the shift lever and where it turns the ****ft drum. Also it could be the drum inside of motor I've had one break on me and the shift fork got stuck where a chunk cracked at.