PDA

View Full Version : Laugh or cry

LT80
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry for all you.

I read on here about Muddy Creek and the infamous Scam Gammon.
I don't understand. I got this thang saying about how Muddy Creek was re-done with a table top that's safe for all.
After reading, That jump must have been the only safe spot (if it was).
He just don't care. It's not changed sine 1996.

I remember when I made the ATVA demand that Scam take the barbed wire down around Muddy Creek.
Can you imagine your kid going into barbed wire? Mine did.
Instead of a OMG, I'm sorry, or a I'll take care of it, Scam proclaimed that there shouldn't have a problem as the wire is 30 ft away.

So ya have Butts Creek to welcome ya'll...
You have a lame, quad hating track to go to.
Joe Byrd sure does love this track tho. HAHAHAHA
This track was so terrible that the ATVA went away.
Mr.Ryco, to answer the question of why a national race there::
Enter The Reynolds crew. They'll fix it..Ya right..Carl Reynolds is/was a big wig in the AMA. It's a money thing. Surprise suprise eh.
Anyone remember when Carl had us come to NC for a TT. He never even visited the supposed track before the race.
We got there to find this lil space to race in.
The original track layout was a 11 second lap time. So they fixxed it. 18 second lap time. A joke at best.

I gotta say, If all you knew what I did now, you'd stop spending your childs future for all this BS.
There is life after racing..And a dam fun life it is.
I can go to a riding area, spend a few bucks and ride all weekend. An easy savings of a grand..right?
I have a mountain of trophy's and plaques. They don't even make good insulation...

If I've offended anyone by my interpretation of ppl and track names.....tough. IMO, I've paid for my right to voice. :)

Good luck to all the racers and families. Best wishes for a safe and fun season.
Jack

Logan #34's Dad
04-25-2012, 08:40 AM
I've been asking myself some of these question Jack. I've spoke to quite a few families that wonder why they spend ALL their money as well.
Everytime I think we are okay - I get kicked square in the nuts. Examples: Quads running good, Logan wins an overall - on the way home I blow two tires on the trailer and it tears half the side off. #2, Driving home this time (after Logan takes over the spot to win another overall the engine locks up $$$$) the alternator goes out in the RV and I've gotta call on a buddy to pick-up my family to get them back home in time for work and school. I could go on and on with how my luck is.
Now, we are trying to compete against an engine that cost more than both of my personal vehicles combined. Does it ever end?
I'm fully aware racing ain't for the working man but come-on.
We dump ALL this money for a sport that has NO future. I ask everyone why? I'm personally too competitive - thats my problem.

edwardsp&b
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
I agree completely.....But take into consideration of where we are at down here in Ga. Just to race a local series your talking about a 4 to sometimes 8 hour drive. Why should I drive 8 hours just to race a local with 4 other kids? I have no choice but to race Nats.

I understand what your saying about just riding the weekend LT80....but tell my kid that. He doesnt care about just riding trails, its the competition. The trophy that he gets doesnt mean a thing to him, its knowing that he went out and did his best, and at the end of the weekend he overcame and stood on top of the poduim. Ill gladly pay out money so that he can learn the lesson that hard work does pay off. Why does our sport have to go away? For gods sakes you got idiots jousting on TV, I know that somewhere there is a place for the atv racers of the world.

Now...I will let you in on what Thomas Brown and his dad told me before the season started. There is supposedly a proposal down to the AMA that would make our race series a ten round series with the pros attending all 10 east AND west coast. For the amatuers it would be 5 east races and 5 west races with the top 10 in the five races entered into a final race pitting top 10 east vs. top ten west. Now Im sure alot of people will have gripes and complaints, but I could easily afford 5 races with a 6th if we qualified. It just seems that for the amatuers the sport is not catering to the people that are paying for the series in the first place. This would enable families to better afford the series, which would make better turnouts. What do you guys think?
Bryan

Logan #34's Dad
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
They have been talking about an East vs west for as long as I've been doing this. Similar to the dirtbike squids. We'd still have to pay for 5 races (currently we have to attend 7 for points) so not that much different. Then if they have the finally in California - I can't swing that! Again, I go back to - is this really worth it? The days of a "factory ride" are over. I believe Joel Hetrick signed the last full contract. If CanAm did not come along to support our motocross sport we'd all be sitting at home because the other manufacturers don't support this sport. They make all their money in utility quads... Ever seen the CanAm commercials? Do they ever talk about how the DS450 won the Championship? Nope.
Logan says he loves this sport but if we can't afford to keep up with the Jones then we gotta stop. My rider can have all the skill in the world but IF we can't afford to keep up then its over...

dewutfan
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
My 2 cents worth lol and Bryan knows where i come from... i lived in Sam's backyard .. i have ran his series for 3 years and he dont like quads... period dont care what he says he dont... and when one of the biggest promoters out here dont other's follow ... even tho is sits on the atv board and ama board it's all about the money.... Last year victory sports... Sam that is invited us to join the mega series so we could run some bigger tracks... FINALLY ,,, So we said we would run it closer to home then Nats and gets us to bigger tracks... So we are racing the series .. Race #4 of the series... MUDDY CREEK you all know SAM"S track.. we are sitting in staging for are 2nd moto on Sunday this guy comes up to all of the parents and say's i need to talk to all mini quad parents.. First thing comes to mind CRAP what have we done now.. Tells us Sam wanted to let us know this was are last race.. WTF.. he cant come down and tell us.. he sends a goffey old man down here to tell us and walks off... with us watching are kids crying asking what did we do wrong... So if these guys dont want us we are done... WE need to find a way to get track owners to say yes and give us a chance dont know how to get that done but quad nation need to pull together here ...

zach R 7x
04-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Come to Ohio! We have a good (not great ) series with over 100 races a year! Nice tracks that have tried to keep up with the times, not all national caliber , but nice. We also have some of the best riders and competition around also.

My son and I personally love racing the nationals, but I have 2 other children who don't really care about racing , plus they all want to go college! We will attend a couple this year, and go with a open mind and have fun, like it is ment to be!

I am a realist, even though i know my son could compete with just about anybody on the same equipment, I just assume to stay local , race, cook out , camp have a few brews, watch my son and his friends ride their pitbikes and have fun.

chunky0071
04-25-2012, 02:53 PM
My 2 cents this is why we race XC there are several local series that have great turn outs. Plus we can run stock or limited classes and not have all that money in a motor plus you are not only racing your class you are racing for the Overall !!! Cost to go to our last XC local race at the Mideast $100 in fuel $ 21 for 3 of us to get in the gate for the week end and $20 to race total $141 for the week end thats not bad !!!
And you race for an hour!!!!!!!

greenmachine70
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
MX racing is paid by the dirt bikers period. We are allowed to use their track on the weekends they don't...lol sad but true.
However we race at Dade City Motocross here in Central Florida and we have a year round series with a banquet that from what I hear makes the nationals banquet look bad. We know where we stand but we do get a hell of a nice track to race on and it is well groomed and designed. We also get the same awards.
This track has produced James Stewart, Ricky Carmichael, Ronnie Renner and many more pro racers but all on Dirtbikes. Now flip to quads, Brian Johnson, Mark Madl, Devin Heimes all products of Dade City. Mike Walsh is here regularly and raced most of the series last year and so did Jeremy Lawson. We have good class sizes and talent in each class that can podium at a national on any given weekend.
But we as quad riders know the track makes the most money on bike nite. Until we can have 100 riders in a class we will never get the pull the bikes do and that's a fact. Plus it seems track owners and promoters dont know enough about quads, especially mini quads, to regulate it well. Trust me we had stock appearing classes and the words were pretty vague. This made the guys who could find all the loopholes nd exotic parts the fastest until the secret got out which usually meant a protest which then causes drama for years to come...lol So the promoters hate the drama.
With bikes your engines are pretty limited and there seems to be less drama as well.
We also have a new HUGE outdoor track www.dirtyfootadventures.com here in Central Florida the track is built by Dream Traxx and was built FOR QUADS first. Now many db'S are also attending but it is a quad friendly track that is over 1.5 miles. Thomas Brown, Jeff Rastrelli, Mark Madl, Brian Johnson are regulars there and most of them trained there all winter. I think the fastest pro lap there was about 2:13. Taylor kiser and a few other gncc pros also use the track for training this winter.
They will be holding their first organized MX race May 6.
Due to some local politics their 1800+acres of smooth trails were closed as well as overnight camping in the 1000 acre camp area.
These day races will help to fund the issues to get them completely opened back up.
We are hoping for this summer. Check out there site. Once camping is open this would be a great place for a Nat race. They also have a swimming hole with a huge zip line for the kids, a 300' sand drag with a tree light system. If anyone is planning a trip to Florida check them out. If you call the number on the site they will answer also on FB.

fomospede
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
quads for sure are last in line at the races
i raced motobikes thru my youth with the like of junior jackson way back when
but at 35 decided to try out atv racing
its twice as expensive
takes up twice the time
twice the garage space
but i have to say the atv people at the track and on the trail

ARE TWICE AS NICE (or more)

promoters and motor bike guys have no respect

this is why we run the the atv only series in iowa

huge turnouts and great people

with a promoter that could give 2 sh*ts less about motorbike guys

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

have a great weekend!

Ryko racing
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
if every quad dad put up a $ 1000 bucks we could have are own series and grow it.

I have been to indiana and ohio. both are decently quad friendly.

We are stuck in this national fiasco but really what is a nat championship. ( a 2 dollar paper plate?) its sad that the champions dont even leave Lorettas with a free set of gear and tires.

I wish are sport would grow but it is getting scary. I know i broke nothing last weekend and with entrys and fule it cost me $1200 bucks,

greenmachine70
04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Its hard to believe what little you get at a national banquet. Our class champions get a sweet billet aluminum plate about 3/4" thick engraved with the #1 and their name its the size of a number plate. They also walk away with full gear from helmet to boots, sets of tires, bag full of chemicals(chain lube, filter oil etc) even 3rd walks away with a full gear set and a 5ft tall trophy. This is a local series.

redonkulousruntsracing
05-01-2012, 08:17 AM
This is the reason we left our local series. Bikes rule & quads are for fools mentality drives us nuts. It is sooo nice to go to a NEATV race and see 15-20 70's for my kid to line up with and 4 classes of schoolboy. A quad only series that cares about their riders, we are in!! Even tho we broke 4 times at our first NE race, we loved it and are hooked. We now use our local series for practice when we want to.