PDA

View Full Version : Garage floor?

05DodgeDakota
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Well I've been building a house and it will be ready to move in next month. I have a large garage (20'x26') and will be making it my ultimate man cave. First thing I want to do as soon as I move in is the floor. I'm not sure which way to go: tile or coating? I need reccomendations on materials. This will not just be car parking, only one car will be in there but also it will be my shop and toy storage. So I want something that is extremely durable, resistant against scratching, water, fuels, oils, and other chemicals. Also want a white/black checker board pattern with a gloss finish. And if possible I'd like to stay under $500 in materials and it be locally available in stores. What have yall used and had sucess with? Post pictures too!

Lasher
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
My garage (my man cave) is bare concrete right now. I looked into some of the coatings and found one issue. How durable it from heavy jacks, jack stands, chipping etc.

I am do not baby the garage floor and I am afraid once the finish starts to crack, it will be a mess.

I did find some rubber type mats that interlock that seem really cool. Resist oil and chemicals and can in different colors for any pattern you want. But it cost a pretty penny.

Curious in what you find...