PDA

View Full Version : Chain Guides

Pacheco_450r
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I raced Round 3 for Quad x this weekend at Comp Edge. I ran into a problem during practice on Saturday. I came up a little short on a double casing the backside pretty good. After I landed my chain broke putting a small hole in my case (I was using a case saver), bent my rear sprocket and destroyed my rear chain guide. I'm running a T.M. Designworks rear chain guide and the two bolts that hold it into the swing-arm ripped through the top of it causing my chain to come off my rear sprocket and the aftermath that goes with it. I am running a new softer rear shock that is bottoming out a bit which doesn't help. My ride height is at 7 1/4".

After all this info my question is what other chain guides are people running that don't hang as low as the T.M. Design? It seems to hang down quite a bit.

I was able to patch the small hole and put a new sprocket and chain on in time to race Sunday, but I would like to prevent this from happening again!

fastredrider44
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Depends on what swingarm you're running. the bolt patterns aren't all the same. I have a JB swingarm and run blaster or banshee factory chaingaurds.

Scro
04-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Dirtworks makes a nice one for the stock swingarm. I hangs down maybe 1/2" below the chain.

Pacheco_450r
04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Sorry I didn't mention that, yes I am running the stock swing-arm.