PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum air box

rubble908
04-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone,I have been out of the 250r game for about 10 years now and I am resurecting one of my old race quads that I had laying around. Of course like most ,I bought a new ltr450 in 07 and I love the fuel injection four stroke power and the looks of the zuk , I still have a lot of love for the 250r. Inane upgraded to all axis long travel suspension lonestar frame Gibson front end and lonestar swing arm. I am going with an esr 310 or 330 power valve motor , not sure yet , but leaning towards the 330 like they say go big or dont do it at all. The questions I have are 1- does any one know where I can get an aluminum air box for this project brand names and contact info would be great and 2- will a 18&3/4 inch long rear shock work on my setup . If I remember right from back in the day you could get the linkage from a cr500 bike and that would solve the problem. I have two regular 86-87 style swing arms 1is 17&1/ 2 and the other 18&1/2 inches long center of pivot bolt to center of carrier. What length would be better to use I will ride once and a while on the moto-cross track . This is my first thread on here and definitely thin that the info on here is the best . I plan on posting my build on here as soon as the parts come back from powder coating . Any help would greatly be appreciated .Just a little info on me , I ran a green plastic lonestar framed R in district 3 in central New York in 98-2001 number 777 Thanks in advance and will probably have a few more question in the future with this build

red88r
04-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Welcome! I don't know much about the cr500 link. But if you want a air box try these guys. I had one years ago and was happy with it. Can't wait to see pics of another build.:)

http://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/Honda.html

deathman53
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM
is it a no-link or linkage? LSR sold them both ways. If its a no-link, get a lt500 carb-airbox boot, section of 2"? radiator hose and piece of pipe w/ hose clamps the make the joint. The airbox side of the lt500 is bigger, so you will need to press something over the 250r airbox bell. Also, you need to use a really slim airbox and move it further back on the sub-frame, as it will hit the airbox. UM sells a 250r airbox that works for this, but you need to make the bell larger and move the airbox back, bad part is, it won't fit a uni filter, it needs to be really thin, they say to use a k&n.