View Full Version : Bad Luck?

ATVMX33
04-24-2012, 02:14 PM
2 years ago while practicing in april i broke both bones in my right leg...so that put me out for the rest of the season. then last year i couldnt get my quad to stay together no matter what and then i ended up getting a concussion on my second race and sold my quad..then in the fall i burned my leg bad and had to lay in bed for almost a month. So this year i was excitied about starting over and got a bike and had a series i was going to race. first race went well then the second race right before the start some girl i know texted me and said 'break a leg, not really of course' and as soon as i read it i thought for sure i was going to. so the first moto i got in a pile up on the start and it twisted my left leg backwards and broke both bones....so now im laid up in bed with a titanuim rod in my leg.
anyone else just seem to always get hurt? theres nothing i want to do more than get back out and race but yet i feel like i should be more responsible. i hate feeling like i cant do anything for myself or to help others. sorry just felt like ranting...ive got nothing better to do haha

jkosakowski
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
That absolutley sucks man...luckily i dont seem to have to bad of luck:)

KXRida
04-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Exactly the reason I got out of the sport. It seemed like anything I touched a bike/quad it resulted in a hospital trip or an expensive repair.

89trx250r
04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
A lot of stuff is in your head man and you gotta remember that...Why would you be thinking about getting hurt while your on the line...Yes it is a possibility but that should be the furthest thing from your mind when you line up. It doesnt matter some girl said break a leg its just a figure of speech and if you werent so focused on that maybe you wouldnt have crashed in the first place...I hope you heal up quick and get back out there but for petes sake stop thinking about injury...Injury is possible with anything you do in life it doesnt mean you shouldnt leave your house ever...Just like you know your taking risks while racing just make sure next time you line up your mind is 100% focused on hauling *** and winning, not crashing at the first turn.

ATVMX33
04-24-2012, 06:33 PM
once i was on the line injury is the furthest thing from my mind...that was just about an hour before

muddy400EX
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
did you tell that girl you really DID break a leg? i bet she feels like crap:blah:

ATVMX33
04-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
did you tell that girl you really DID break a leg? i bet she feels like crap:blah:

yeah she was one of the first people i texted and she couldnt stop apologizing haha

Stickman400
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I used to have the same problem. Everytime I "Went big" I went to the hospital, not home. I have since stopped trying to be so badass and impress everyone and it seems to have ended my streak of broken bones, but I just have a feeling that I still have 1 or 2 more wrecks in me. And that makes me scared.:( I was deff. never thinking about breaking bones or wrecking when I was breaking bones left and right, it just happened when I pushed too hard.

ATVMX33
04-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Stickman400
I used to have the same problem. Everytime I "Went big" I went to the hospital, not home. I have since stopped trying to be so badass and impress everyone and it seems to have ended my streak of broken bones, but I just have a feeling that I still have 1 or 2 more wrecks in me. And that makes me scared.:( I was deff. never thinking about breaking bones or wrecking when I was breaking bones left and right, it just happened when I pushed too hard.

yeah i deff have that problem where i push too hard...but its hard not to if you want to get to the top

jesseweaver
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
hope its getting better man haha sorry for telling you you have to race at pagoda. i cant afford to get hurt anymore (last collarbone cost me 4g and a month off work) so i end up getting slower and slower every year lol you have to always push it and get faster but its not worth it to everyone. just have fun on the bike no matter what

ATVMX33
04-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
hope its getting better man haha sorry for telling you you have to race at pagoda. i cant afford to get hurt anymore (last collarbone cost me 4g and a month off work) so i end up getting slower and slower every year lol you have to always push it and get faster but its not worth it to everyone. just have fun on the bike no matter what

yeah..well i loved the track and ill be back..hopefully faster than before haha
im starting work again today so 2 weeks off isnt too bad

01boneless
04-30-2012, 07:23 AM
after it took me 8 months to build my quad, when i got it done it wouldent run right so finily (alot of parts l8r) its running awsome and the first ride i hit the track 7or8 jumps in on the new quad i hurt my wrist :( its not broken but badley sprained and ive already been like 2 weeks from riding now and i still dont know if i can ride.

russellsroost31
04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
i have never had bad luck with wrecking but keeping the quad toghter is another story :ermm:

quadracer556
04-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
yeah i deff have that problem where i push too hard...but its hard not to if you want to get to the top

championships arent one in a race.you're main focus should be just going out,being consistent and having fun.then you'll gain the experience you need to get to the "top".you can't win if you dont finish tho.every race i see a bunch of younger guys go out there and smash into trees,flipping and s***.yesterday after the first lap there were 15 quads wadded up in the woods going nowhere.then i almost ran over a guy that randomly clipped a tree 2 feet off the track and flipped right in front of me.close call and it ended his day,but it was his decision not to go on,not an injury.lucky lucky.to me its much more gratifying to finish in the top 10 than lead for the first lap only to crash and get the old DNF.jmo tho.take your time and ride at your pace,if you're wrecking alot and brickwalling then you are unfortunately riding beyond your means.good luck,heal up and get back out there.

jesseweaver
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
There's not much you can do though if you don't get the jump on 39 other bikes. Some things are out of your control

ATVMX33
05-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
There's not much you can do though if you don't get the jump on 39 other bikes. Some things are out of your control
i know...last time it was me trying something i know i shouldnt have but this time i guess i shoulda let off haha