PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder clutch mod

ccdhowell
04-23-2012, 10:39 AM
For all you guys out there trying to get more performance from your Raptor 90, I recently sent in the front part of my clutch, the variator, and had GT Thunder perform their mod to it, only costs $50 and WOW! what a difference. Instant acceleration off the line and a bit more topend speed too. A win - win situation. It is a simple mod, they did some cutting, bending on the shape of the ramps, welded them to the new shape and machined out the bottom part of the ramps. Looks simple, huge difference.

tls90lx
05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ccdhowell
For all you guys out there trying to get more performance from your Raptor 90, I recently sent in the front part of my clutch, the variator, and had GT Thunder perform their mod to it, only costs $50 and WOW! what a difference. Instant acceleration off the line and a bit more topend speed too. A win - win situation. It is a simple mod, they did some cutting, bending on the shape of the ramps, welded them to the new shape and machined out the bottom part of the ramps. Looks simple, huge difference.

What was the turn around time to get it done?

ccdhowell
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
8 days

tls90lx
05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks! may have to give this try once we get a break in racing

ccdhowell
05-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I did it between races, sweated getting it back, but in the end the turn around was quick and it was no problem.

Huge improvement, my daughter got the holeshot on her first race with the modded clutch.

jman7290
09-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Do they do that to the Raptor 50 clutch also?