PDA

View Full Version : Budds Creek suggestiion

Ryko racing
04-23-2012, 09:52 AM
I have heard that the owner of Budds Creek wont allow any pit vehicles. ( even bicycles).

Im totally ok with no kids riding pit bikes or vehicles. I just think that adults should be able to ride their vehicles.
For instance my father is 70 yrs old and has bad knees and just informed me that we are skipping this race.( since he pays half the costs, he says he cant go the whole weekend walking around.

I know that i see many kids that have their grandparents with them and IM SURE HELPING PAY THE BILL TO GO RACING. THIS PROMOTER SHOULD RETHINK THIS.

AS I SAID MANY TIMES, THE KIDS CAN WALK THEY ARE YOUNG AND NEED THE EXERCISE. BUT THE ADULTS CANT RUN BACK AND FORTH ... ITS ABSURD.

PLEASE PASS IT ON.

joe0718
04-23-2012, 10:36 AM
We did a race there this year and he said pit vehicles were ok if you have a handicap tag.

Ryko racing
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
i UNDERSTAND. BUT A LOT OF THE OLDER FOLKS ARENT HANDICAPPED THEY JUST CANT WALK THAT MUCH. MAYBE HE SHOULD REALIZE WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS. WITHOUT CUSTOMERS BUSINESSES FAIL.

JUST MAKE SMART DECISIONS.

edwardsp&b
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Ive not been there before. How do you get water at the track then? I dont mind walking around the track, but I cant tote a 65 gallon water tank on my back.
Bryan

Ryko racing
04-23-2012, 02:00 PM
i rest my case. Maybe he can charge us to haul it ? hmmmmm,

joe0718
04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
There were multiple hoses near sign up. Some people backed there campers in to fill up. I put a 55 Gallon drum in my pick up and drove over. The way things are lately, I'm happy anywhere we are allowed to ride.

selbygirl
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
butts creek only allows pit vec for handicap or at the bike nats , not the quad nats . we have been racing there for years and its not the most quad freindly track eather , plus the last race they had it cost my boy 95 to race but if my boy was on a bike it would of cost 60, and we were only allowed to run half track around the pond . and there is another spot to get water its next to the big barn and the little house theres a pump house , but you can ask the owner of the track jonathan 301 475 2000

quadnana7
04-23-2012, 05:37 PM
VERY GLAD WE ARE NOT GOING EVEN THOU I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR I DON'T LIKE ANY TRACK THAT IS NOT SUPPORTIVE OF QUAD RACING. WE ARE NOT THE LONELY STEPCHILDREN!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

selbygirl
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
in mx we are the lower class citizen .but shore proud to be part of it

hwf-racing
04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Well said Freida!!!!!!

Ryko racing
04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
amen. I dont understand why a track that is not QUAD FRIENDLY

WOULD EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR A NATIONAL EVENT. ( I THINK IT IS A PRIVILEDGE TO HOLD A MAJOR EVENT. AND TAKE OUR MONEY...... I KNOW THE PROMOTERS ARE TRYING BUT MINNESAOTA ALTHOUGH A LONG HAUL WAS PRETTY GOOD TO DEAL WITH. PLUS THE TRACK WAS TECHNICAL.

WE CRASHED OUT 2 YRS AIN A ROW THERE AND RYAN STILL LOVES IT BECAUSE ITS ROUGH.

OH WELL . IM DONE WITH THIS POST.

Logan #34's Dad
04-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Hey Scott, I'll have to agree with you, they have to allow ADULTS ride something.
I just watched a recent video of Budds Creek. Looks like another drag strip. ugg!

Ryko racing
04-25-2012, 08:13 AM
IM TOLD THEY DONT LET ANYONE WITHOUT A HANDIOCAP STICKER RIDE A PIT VEHICLE.....PERIOD......

SOUNDS LIKE A NICE PLACE HUH.......

Logan #34's Dad
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
But I'll bet someone will be there to SELL us some water for our RV's and pressure washers.
I just dont understand why the ATVA continues to go to tracks that don't support Quads. One example is STEEL CITY, I've always liked the 1st couple signs on the poles when you enter that say NO QUADS.......

jake55
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
as some one else stated, last year everyone used a pick-up truck to haul water, they did let some use utility quads for getting water if the water container was mounted on a trailer, but that was it.
i saw a few people use thier pick-up in place of a pit bike but that did not apear to work out well due to no place to park. i rode back and forth with my son, dont like to do that, but it worked out. i'd ride up to staging with him, and he picked me up when he came off the track.

the track is very hilly however the walk from pits to the staging area is flat.
i agree that adults should be able to use pit bikes, but i must also say that i think NO track should permit kids pit riding. yes my kid takes off on our pit bike, i'm not crazy about it but it's hard to say no when 100 other kids are cruising around.
pit bikes are for transportation to and from the pits to track, not for burning tank after tank of gas riding in circles to keep the kids ocupied for a few hours.

thequadfather+2
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Amen Rob....I saw 6 year old kids driving golf carts and just riding around. We have a pit bike and a Ranger. We use it for moving the family(fans) back and forth to the track and I use the pit bike to get my lazy ***** to staging. The kids take off on it every once in a while but very rarely. They have bicycles.

#404's Dad
04-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Not at all a big fan of the kids riding and riding and riding around on pit bikes, quads or golf carts!!

Especially golf cart loads of children, this weekend at Muddy Creek my family and I were headed down to watch some races on our golf cart with a Sheriff right behind us, as I approached the fork in the road to head down the hill towards the staging area there was a black golf cart with four in my opinion too young to be even walking around by themselves little girls sitting on the side of the road doing who knows what but anyways as I am coming up to drive by it speeds away right across my front end, the passengers looked but never did the driver!!

Needless to say the Sheriff sped after them with his lights on and, finally they took notice and pulled over.

Had I been going maybe 1mph faster I would have hit them.

I will at times let my son take the golf cart for a ride but he has rules to follow and he is only let to go for 10 mins and I can count on one hand how many times I have let this happen and if anyone ever sees my son in the cart, on a quad or anything else in the pits doing anything he should not be doing I'd apreciate you letting me know, I will not stand for unsafe dumb chit and he knows it.

Anyways, No Pit Vehicles at Budds Creek sucks for sure and something should be done to allow an adult to be able to use one for getting to the track and getting water, No Kids on Pit Vehicles, fine by me but why should we all have to walk, I know my Mother doesn't enjoy walking all those hills to get to a good spot to watch the races.

See y'all at Budds Creek

jake55
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by #404's Dad
and if anyone ever sees my son in the cart, on a quad or anything else in the pits doing anything he should not be doing I'd apreciate you letting me know, I will not stand for unsafe dumb chit and he knows it.

X2!!!!!!!!

Ryko racing
04-25-2012, 02:39 PM
well said. my dad said that if he goes he is riding his pit ATV. if they disqualify us so be it.

#404's Dad
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_6bSSeyiM

#404's Dad
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Just called Budds Creek, Guy said Pit Vehicles are ok for hauling Water but only from 6-8 at night, No Bicycles allowed as pit bikes either!!!

Ryko racing
05-02-2012, 03:52 PM
I sure hope this is the last time at this place.

selbygirl
05-02-2012, 06:46 PM
you guys becarefull there this weekend . we went last weekend , there were 3 bad wrecks in 3 hours during pratice 2 helicoptor and a ambulanc , there were a lot of new peaple there ,plus the flagers suck , chad weinen landed on top of a rider ryan achtreberg , you may be able to see the wreck on ryans facebook ,