PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Horse

trx250r1
04-22-2012, 05:24 AM
For the last few weeks when I get on this site my computer says it has a TROJAN HORSE. If I clean it comes back. This doesn't happen on any other site. What the heck?

Tommy Warren
04-22-2012, 05:48 AM
A Trojan horse, or Trojan, is a standalone malicious program which may give full control of infected PC to another PC[1]. It may also perform typical computer virus activities[2]. Trojan horses may make copies of themselves, steal information, or harm their host computer systems.[3] The term is derived from the Trojan Horse story in Greek mythology because Trojan horses employ a form of “social engineering,” presenting themselves as harmless, useful gifts, in order to persuade victims to install them on their computers (just as the Trojans were tricked into taking the Trojan Horse inside their gates)

JAG Motosports
04-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by trx250r1
For the last few weeks when I get on this site my computer says it has a TROJAN HORSE. If I clean it comes back. This doesn't happen on any other site. What the heck?

me too and only some threads and only this site

trx250r1
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JAG Motosports
me too and only some threads and only this site

Well I'm glad its not just me then. o well! thanks for responding

Ryan
04-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Yes, I'm getting the same thing. I haven't been on this site for almost a yr now, and every time I switch pages I get a pop up that my anti-virus (Bitdefender) Is picking up a virus called Trojan.JS.Redirector.ACI comming from www.ATVbanners.com/

Pappy
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I sent the Admin an email with this thread so he can look into it

Admin
04-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the info, and I have found the code linking to ATVbanners.com and removed it, and thanks again for your feedback.

Let me know if you experience any more issues.
Harlen

beastlywarrior
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Yep for the past few weeks i couldnt come on with my pc

trx250r1
04-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Thanks for the info, and I have found the code linking to ATVbanners.com and removed it, and thanks again for your feedback.

Let me know if you experience any more issues.
Harlen

No problem. Thanks!