PDA

View Full Version : New 250r owner with some questions?

gutlassracing
04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
I traded a 2000 400ex yesterday with simple bolt ons for a 88 250r with quiet a few good parts ! Chrome swingarm,a-arms,stem,durablue axle ,beadlocks , newer nice plastic just a nice quad ! The down side is the cly is off and the piston and rings is toast ! Owner told me the cly is bored to it's max ! Should it be sleeved Or re plated or just buy another one ? Also it has a stock head and and looks like ring material or plug has came apart at one point , what head do you all recommend ? Is a 19cc head reliable and with what bore is fast and reliable ! Just want to put together a good fast reliable top end and running race fuel doesn't bother me ! Any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated thanks in advance !

Motofool250r
04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
my recommendation is pick a builder send it off to them to tear the bottom end down and put new bearings in it, and rebuild it with a new cylinder ported properly. but that is gonna run about 2000$

average labor to tear down 450$
hot rods crank 250$
bearings and gaskets 150$
piston kit 150$

resleeve is about 350

new cylinders(ESR) can be had for 500$ (with piston and ring kit) 310cc with crap porting. you can do a 330cc kit but you need to bore the cases while the motor is out not a big deal but motors gotta be tore down to do it.

a full pro port job is 450$

builders i reccommend,

Hybrid Engineering, nate Mccoy, Titan racing, Packard ent, LED, BDT, K&t. any of those guys should be able to take good care of ya.

bigmatt61
04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
You have a pm.