PDA

View Full Version : Custom widened a-arms

400exwhipper
04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
How strong would cusstom cut extended and welded arms be.. I mean I know strength varies alott with welds and materials but has anyone here done it? And what does everyone think about this.. I'm a pretty good welder and fabricator but I just don't know if it will break or bend easy

dxcody
04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
someone did that on here a long time ago, i dont remember who it was.

Ill try a thread search.

dxcody
04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403505&highlight=custom+arms

CJM
04-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Sure it could be done and has been done. The stock arms are ok but not made of the best materials imho. Plus they lack adjustable/replaceable balljoints. Thats fixed by buying ball joints from alba off ebay, cutting off the old ones and putting the albas in.

However at this point, nice a-arms are just simpler.

dxcody
04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
^^^

Exactly right.

GT Thunder +2 arms are $395 on ebay with tie rods.

Much easier.

And GT Thunder arms are 5x as strong as stock.

I have seen guys demolish tree's with those arms and not even dent them.

400exwhipper
04-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
^^^

Exactly right.

GT Thunder +2 arms are $395 on ebay with tie rods.

Much easier.

And GT Thunder arms are 5x as strong as stock.

I have seen guys demolish tree's with those arms and not even dent them.
Damnn demolishing trees is impressive.. But My fourwheeler can't be where my money goes right now so I'm tryin to do effective mods for cheap at the moment.. Just got my job back and I'm in high school .. But I have wheel spacers in the back and slightly offset Douglas front rims.. The spacers are 2" a piece soo I don't know how wide should I be going in the front?

dxcody
04-19-2012, 09:37 PM
What type of riding?

440rdr1
04-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by 400exwhipper
How strong would cusstom cut extended and welded arms be.. I mean I know strength varies alott with welds and materials but has anyone here done it? And what does everyone think about this.. I'm a pretty good welder and fabricator but I just don't know if it will break or bend easy

i bought my Alba Racing Pro Elite a-arms for 399 off ebay and theyr great....with a lifetime warranty on bending or breaking (obviously not from hitting a tree)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2iiygqh.jpg