PDA

View Full Version : 04 clutch help

rbgnwa45
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Friend bought it yesterday. When i let out the clutch in 1st it wouldnt move unless it was near the limiter. When shifting into 2nd i used the clutch and it did it again at 30kmh. Tried to not use clutch and wouldnt shift that i could feel. Clutch is slipping, right? The lever/cable doesnt have a plush feel and is tight. I can barely move it with one finger but i can with two. It seems too tight. Could the cable be too tight and be causing this? It did let off for a few seconds at speed in 2nd and i got to feel its raunchy power but it kept getting screwy. Oil is leaking somewhere from near the front sprocket and i cant tell from where. Not a lot of oil leaking. How much is a clutch kit in canada? Are there DIY clutch articles? Trans and engine oil are separate? Which side is which? Thanks.

rbgnwa45
04-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok so i fixed it within 5 minutes lol. The previous owner is a dumbie and set the cable too tight. One problem. In neutral theres clicking like its looking for 1st. Normal? This thing fuggin right hauls arse. I weigh 250lbs and it wheelies under power. I was surprized it has a slight powerband and goes from mid to high revs extremely fast. It reminds me of a snowmobile.

rbgnwa45
04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Realized it shouldnt be like a snowmobile. Loosened clutch cable a bit and it did help. Found two bugaboos. It wont go into 5th, instead it goes into neutral. The hell? Also the left rear tire has sideways play in it so were lifting to see if we can tighten things. It has a scratched off W on the exhaust so it must be white bros. Will post 3 vids and pics later.

rbgnwa45
04-19-2012, 09:47 PM
We were worried the gap in the spindle wouldnt close so we used the good bolt on the gapped spindle and to our surprize when it was tightened the gap closed right up. My buddy was going to put the spindle in a vice to close the gap lol. I didnt think tightening would close the gap because its pretty thick aluminum or something. Still wont go into 5th and makes a clicky tranny sound in neutral or with the clutch in unless ur shifting. Tires didnt have the right pressures and i realized when i got onto pavement and gav'r in 1st. The thing lifted & drifted and when the tires touched ground it jerked the bars a bit - scary. Theres still a problem with the clutch but it seems as though when i gave it full throttle at near peak rpm it sounded like its winding out like a snowmobile, not accelerating as hard as 3/4 to 4/5 throttle - on pavement, and it wasnt hitting the limiter, not that it couldnt. It runs clean with no sputters. The clutch cable is as far untightened as it will go. The previous owner used the wrong spindle bolt! It has no allen head and was an inch too long. I also think the previous owner reversed the hubs so it sits wider. Which is stock? Is it bad? The deeper part of the hub is on the outside. The decomp lever is missing. He got free new razrs and tie rods, some other things. Man are those razrs knobs beefy. He paid 2500 canadian and it wasnt taken care of but chain & sprockets are good and it runs stong. Took 3 vids & lots of power and will upload tomorrow.

rbgnwa45
04-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Pics* not power lol. Although it hauls! Could it be the flywheel, not the clutch or both? It shouldnt be doing that at high rpm, its like it revved too fast and didnt accelerate as hard. I know these things make power up top but it accelerated harder at 4/5th throttle.