PDA

View Full Version : 98 honda xr200r feedback

BakerRacing40
04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
hey, I am about to trade off some kart racing stuff for a 98 xr200r. I am wondering approx. value, it looks pretty clean in the old photos i've seen of it. getting fresh pics tomorrow. any pointers on the goods or bads? i'm not looking to run down RV or anything, just a trail bike to probably sell later or trade for a pit bike... any feed back would be appreciated!!! thanks!!!

i'll post the pics when i get them to give a better guesstiment ....

buck440
04-19-2012, 11:09 AM
it is as ugly as sin imo but the ride is like a cadillac. the seat is extremely comfortable and the way it dips down makes it feel like your on a sport bike but not hunched over. it is pretty heavy and will be a pain in the *** to lift back up if on the trails. i'm 5' 8" and the seat is so low that i can sit on it with both feet on the ground with my knees slightly bent.

if it's got the turn signals they will probably brake off after a ride or 2. they do not have enough power to even do a wheelie even with dropping the clutch from a stop. the ride is very smooth though, it's like your floating i think. it's a extremely quite bike with the stock exhaust too, kinda like a car.