PDA

View Full Version : jp lsr chassis questions.

les70
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
im looking at trading my 450 for a 94 jp 250r. it has lsr +2, lsr no link, axis all around, fresh 330 motor with other goodies. it was raced mx at one point in time. the frame looks nice as the rest and owner said there are no repairs or cracks.are the early jp frames very problematic with cracking? how are they compared to a stock and other aftermarket chassis? i have only owned 86-7 stock trx's,and always wanted and have no experience with a aftermarket framed r so any help would be appreciated.

sj281
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
the jp frames nice nothing wrong with them they were bought out by lonestar an kinda evolved into lsr frames an i think in the early years mark laeger actually designed them so with that list of nice parts id jump on that deal cant really go wrong with any aftermarket 250r frame

LT250RMan
04-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Yes, any aftermarket frame will be stronger than oem.

norcalduner
04-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Are you talking about that quad in Redding? Does it have a CHP assigned vin number and title? Inspect it personally for cracks/rewelds/repairs since these frames are notorious for these issues more so if it was raced at some point. I know this since I have one.

JohnBeton
05-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I have a 92 JP Outlaw frame, it had 2 minor repairs over it's livetime. But it's solid.
If the frame's good i'd take it.
Those JP frames are almost all used for races unlike a lot of oem frames. So if they are still good after 20 years I think you can say they're a good choice ;)

etccb
05-08-2012, 11:04 AM
As norcal said in cali make sure that your dmv stuff is in order.

Higgy87TRX425
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I have what appears to be a JP frame maybe one of the early ones and it has a couple of cracks right where you'd expect them. Right next to where the foot peg mounts, on the bottom tube just past where all the welds and tubing comes together! If the frame ur looking at is in good shape without and cracks, I'd say that its a pretty good swap. Plus you'd be getting one of the best bikes of all time! You can't go wrong with a Honda TRX 250r especially if it has a built motor, a nice frame with AXIS all the way around! Ditch that 450r and come to play with the big boys on the winning team! lol! Just my 2 cents, ha ha!
Thanks Higgy!

nj88330r
05-10-2012, 08:57 PM
higgy, stop playing on the computer and go install your blue grease fitting caps!

Higgy87TRX425
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
They haven't shown up yet other wise I would have. I was out at my garage today. I got the LRD project back today. I had taken it over to Lew jr. of ChassisInc to have some of those custon Heel guards made for the bike. I had to go retrive it today. So if I would have had them in my posession believe you me they would have been installed!! Thanks Again for sending those out John! I'll let you know when I get them? Hopefully tomarrow buddy! Then I can put them on this weekend! I'll be buying my ORV sticker and then figuring out a flag mount and then I'll get to ride this beast!! Sorry for the hijacking! I'm done, you can blame John for it he started the whole thing, LOL!
Thanks Higgy!