PDA

View Full Version : Need a dirtbike expert...

dxcody
04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Im putting together a clutch kit on a 2005 kx250F.

I got the friction plates and steels on, but i had a question.

There is the rod that runs through the engine, then that little piece that goes on the end of the rod, then the pressure plate.

What order do those go together? and which way does the little end piece go on?

Thanks!

deathman53
04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
if its anything like most clutch setups, rod goes in, then piece that goes on the end of the rod-Large flat side going out, pressure plate, put in clutch springs in hole w/ stud in the middle, tighten bolts holding in the clutch springs to just over screw driver tight- ~5 ft/lb. If there is a throw out washer/ flat bearing it goes between the clutch lifter and pressure plate.

chucked
04-17-2012, 10:02 PM
You can go to a website like www.worldofpowersports.com and pull up a visual breakdown

dxcody
04-18-2012, 02:51 AM
i assembled it how i thought it should be and there was no pull on the lever..... come to find out there is a 5/16" steel ball that connects on the end of the rod that i left out.... another one of my stupid errors.. thanks g for the help though guys. got her figured out now!! :cool:

blacknblue#2
04-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
i assembled it how i thought it should be and there was no pull on the lever..... come to find out there is a 5/16" steel ball that connects on the end of the rod that i left out.... another one of my stupid errors.. thanks g for the help though guys. got her figured out now!! :cool:

Stuff like that is what i call a good learning experience...Its little stuff like that youll teach yourself to watch for from now on. and in return will make ya a better mechanic