PDA

View Full Version : Training program?

Foxhound013
04-16-2012, 08:20 PM
I know its a little late to actually get started but I'm hoping that even starting now I can progressively make the season better. I race MAXC here in indiana. Its an XC series for anyone who dosn't know. I started going to soccer workouts (School weight room) not because i'm joining soccer but just to help train. Any ideas on exercises I should focus on, do more often, etc. Anybody have a weekly plan that they follow that I should try? I'm attempting to avoid buying a Y pass just to save a little cash for now. Also anyone have opinions on the atv fourplay soft bars. I'm sending a money order off for one in the next day or so, are they worth it? I've read a handful of people saying there better than flexx and i've really never heard bad things about flexx so i'm hoping they'll be awesome but wanted you guys input. They're on a ktm but the guy said they came off of a honda so it should fit. Thanks for any and all input guys, its appreciated.

Foxhound013
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I forgot to mention that another big reason I want to get serious about training is that my dad decided for vacation this year we'd go race Snowshoe so after watching some videos i'm pretty worried about being in shape. Any Ideas on how to really get into great shape to make a good run there. I figure if I can survive a couple laps there in C 16-24 class I think I should do well enough to plaque but I don't know lol

desratt
04-16-2012, 09:20 PM
10 guys will give you 10 different answers. But stick to the soccer training. If you can't keep going to it. Run. Then abs. Cut back on soda and energy drinks. Remember if you perform well your dad will be more apt to help you. That should help your motivation.

fomospede
04-17-2012, 09:43 AM
weve tried the precision mounts that work like the flexx and fourply
we like the precision as they r less maintenance and if you like a specific bar you can change it out at anytime
training we mountain bike
stay off the caffeine it will kill your true energy and is a diuretic
leaving you dehydrated

jpfmotors
04-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes stay away from sodas and enery drinks lots of cardio when lifting weights do low weight for lots of reps, mountain biking is awsome training. building your workouts longer as u you train instead of more intense for a short period is also better.

Balaz_73*00
04-17-2012, 12:59 PM
"Insanity"

Foxhound013
04-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all the responses so far guys. I plan on sticking to soccer workouts and I've been trying to stay low weight, 10 at the very lowest, and high reps. I do plan on picking up a mountain bike because I know it may sound weird but I'd rather take the time to bike 10 miles than run 1 not because I can't run 1 its just I don't enjoy running for some reason lol. I drink soda every now and then but make it a point to not touch it the week of a race. Anything else I should be trying?

ThumPIN_450R
04-18-2012, 10:45 PM
cardio cardio and more cardio.

Foxhound013
04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Any good cardio exercises you reccomend other than running, like I said before its not I can't do it its I don't get any enjoyment from it what so ever. I much prefer being on a mtn. bike lol

desratt
04-20-2012, 09:21 AM
my 6 year old just plays mario cart all day. maybe thats his trick.

Honda5
04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I know the running can suck but it helps a bunch just get a iPod out and go do it. Just 4 or 5 miles 3 times a week. I dont think the bike is bad but when you run there is no break where on a bike I get lazy and like to coast too much. Also seat time on your quad helps.

shaggy01
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I had this same question beginning of the GNCC season. I kept up my cardio (running and biking). Also, cut out sodas completely and eat healthy. After my first race, i was worn the hell out! Switched up my rotuine (did more intense cardio along with interval speed training) Also focused on working out the muscles that were sore after that first race. Second race, finished with alot more energy than last time.

Biggest thing, like others said before, is seat time!! No better way to become a better rider than by riding. I found while riding, that if i focus on my breathing and making sure i dont get a death grip on the bars and drink water during the race...You'll feel so much better and ride alot smoother.