PDA

View Full Version : Dustin wimmer

hunter61
04-15-2012, 08:46 PM
What series is he running this year? Or is he?

BlasterEaten250
04-15-2012, 09:17 PM
I heard he's trimming trees for a living now

hunter61
04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
So he is done with racing then?

LTR450_#67
04-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah he's done.....kevin at lostcreekcycles told me he hung up the boots.

KingpinsEx
04-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Blows my mind how these guys can do this. Especially Wimmer, he has always had the cash, so it's not like he needs to be paid. How can someone with that kind of talent just stop riding? I am no where near that skill or have his financial backing and couldn't imagine quitting all together. Sad to see, that would be like Ryan Dungey getting a day job.

rollie
04-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Blows my mind how these guys can do this. Especially Wimmer, he has always had the cash, so it's not like he needs to be paid. How can someone with that kind of talent just stop riding? I am no where near that skill or have his financial backing and couldn't imagine quitting all together. Sad to see, that would be like Ryan Dungey getting a day job.

Would you do your job if it cost you money?

bottom line is racing at the pro national level is a job, im sure he still loves to ride but would rather just hang out and cut tree's and make some money, yeah his family has big bucks but does he personally? idk haha either way i think its incredibly frustrating to have that much talent, and have nobody interested in paying you for it

madskrillz2
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx

No that would be nothing like Ryan Dungey getting a day job because Ryan Dungey makes millions. lol

KingpinsEx
04-21-2012, 08:07 AM
I was referring to their talent levels, not their income. And I'm not saying he needs to race at the national level, as he has not been doing that. But the Neatv series is not that expensive, plus he could get plenty of support if he wanted it. I heard that if he was not going to make the big $ it wasn't worth it to him. Look at Creamer, even Upperman, they still work day jobs and race.

Wired
04-21-2012, 10:31 AM
He already won a championship, what else does he really need to prove? It's an expensive hobby.