PDA

View Full Version : Good Bumpers

Drfat400ex
04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, so my friend has a DG bumper, but I was riding the other day with his brother and he smashed a tree head on going 35 miles an hour, so it's pretty much done. As we all know, DG ain't the best, so what's a good bumper for alot of trail riding and breaking trail, I told him the tusk ones were good, but we mow down alot of small trees and stuff and with a pointed bottom bumper that would get hard on his a-arms at times. So what's a good trail breaking bumper that's also good and strong? Thanks guys.

jkosakowski
04-15-2012, 07:54 PM
The best one i have found is the blingstar rodeo there is so much support to it that i don't think its gonna bend easy. I have had the pro armor xc and the blingstar rodeo has held up 10x better. Also the price is not awful i got mine for 99 bucks off eBay.

If ya want i could get a pic of it on mine tommorow.

Drfat400ex
04-15-2012, 10:03 PM
That would be great if you could, thanks man!

jkosakowski
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
There ya go! :)

jkosakowski
04-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Side view!

TheAwesomehonda
04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I like a big bumper on my quad. I may even have to get one of those cuz they look sick. Do they make them in black??

TacicalRedneck
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Heres a big bumper.... I love it.. No idea what brand it is, although i could find out eventually...
Preetty sturdy...

http://forums.atvconnection.com/picture.php?albumid=11214&pictureid=42268

(also check out attached pic)

honda400ex2003
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
:D im thinking that something strong as nails will be just the ticket for that next 35 mph collision, that way when you hit, the frame is toast instead of that strong bumper. LOL

im thinking the dg did its job, it crumbled, slowed it down properly, and didnt damage the frame with speeds going that fast.

i vote for another dg :) mine worked well when it went into a bank and didnt bend any of the frame. although, i did just purchase a moose podium in black since i wanted a black one.

just my .02 though, something aluminum and thinner would be just the ticket, bumpers are cheaper than frames.

steve

wolfe 21
04-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I really like my PRM Summit bumper. Really big, offers a lot of protection for the front end. Seems really sturdy, but I'm not in a hurry to test it against any trees. Also allows me to push my freinds quads to start or get them back to the truck when they do something stupid on the trail.

James.

NacsMXer
04-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
Heres a big bumper.... I love it.. No idea what brand it is, although i could find out eventually...
Preetty sturdy...

http://forums.atvconnection.com/picture.php?albumid=11214&pictureid=42268

(also check out attached pic)

AC Racing Stadium bumper ;)

Drfat400ex
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys, the only reason he bought the DG was because it was only 55 bucks new in the package, lol I sold it to him, bought 2 of them 11 bucks each they were for 250rs. I'll show him these and see what he thinks.

TheAwesomehonda
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jkosakowski
Side view! Quick question on that bumper, i can only find it for the 450r so i'm guessing that what is on your quad?

atvrider13
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
400ex and 450r use the same bumper.

TheAwesomehonda
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by atvrider13
400ex and 450r use the same bumper. Yeah i know that, its just weird that they would have it listed for the 450r and not the 400ex to.

250x_kyle
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
rpm summit bumpers what i ran in the woods. but just remember that if the bumper doesnt give the only other thing to give is the frame if you hit it dead nuts in the center.

jkosakowski
04-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by TheAwesomehonda
Quick question on that bumper, i can only find it for the 450r so i'm guessing that what is on your quad?

I got it from tandt atv on ebay it said it was for a 400ex but im sure it was realy for a 450r.

TacicalRedneck
04-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jkosakowski
I got it from tandt atv on ebay it said it was for a 400ex but im sure it was realy for a 450r.

I live near they're shop, he's getting pretty big. Bought my beadlocks from him. He Had a $25k Walsh KTM, got a Laeger 250r... They're great to deal with..

Just a little tibbit of.. imformation.

jkosakowski
04-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh ya id definately buy from them again real good!!!!!!!!!!

CJM
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Heres a good laugh:

When I got the quad it had a graydon 250r bumper on it, it was nice but the bottom mounts didnt line up at all. So I got someone elses beat up stocker, to hell and back and it might be dented and beat but its strong-just doesnt cover much.

Haven tested my PRM baja bumper yet, hope I dont have to for awhile.

Drfat400ex
04-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Heres a good laugh:

When I got the quad it had a graydon 250r bumper on it, it was nice but the bottom mounts didnt line up at all. So I got someone elses beat up stocker, to hell and back and it might be dented and beat but its strong-just doesnt cover much.

Haven tested my PRM baja bumper yet, hope I dont have to for awhile.
I would have just kept the 250r bumper! Just put the bottom mounts in a bench vice and twist the bumper by hand until they bend out enough to line up.

crazya**400exer
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
i like my blingstar iron cross it has quite a bit of support and looks sic and th texturd black holds up good

exrider249
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
PRM Summit bumper is my favorite probably. It is very strong. I have one on my 400ex and it has flipped down hills and I have hit trees with it. (not on purpose) lol. But it is still holding strong.

TheAwesomehonda
04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Heres a good laugh:

Haven tested my PRM baja bumper yet, hope I dont have to for awhile. IKR man those stock little bumpers are strong but they don't provide much protection or look very good. I'm running a bumper simiar to a prm baja but its alittle different i think. Its a good bumper but will bend and is very large.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2z5tbhw.jpg

DragonGunner
04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Duncan Racing bumber....steel thtas chrome plated....had a bike hit me at the badlands head on, it deflected the bike enough offn to the side that it probably saved my life. Fractured wrist, torn ligaments from my shoulder, broke off the balljoints an snapped one bumper bolt an bent the bumper. i bent back the bumper an still ride with it an called Duncan on the phone an thanked them for the bumper. Buy a Duncan. The 7 bikes were dragging down the road an came around the bend....i missed 6 of them.

DragonGunner
04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Duncan Racing bumber....steel thtas chrome plated....had a bike hit me at the badlands head on, it deflected the bike enough offn to the side that it probably saved my life. Fractured wrist, torn ligaments from my shoulder, broke off the balljoints an snapped one bumper bolt an bent the bumper. i bent back the bumper an still ride with it an called Duncan on the phone an thanked them for the bumper. Buy a Duncan. The 7 bikes were dragging down the road an came around the bend....i missed 6 of them.

russellsroost31
04-22-2012, 04:30 PM
prm summit would be my first choice if i was building my quad up for woods racing

TheAwesomehonda
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
Duncan Racing bumber....steel thtas chrome plated....had a bike hit me at the badlands head on, it deflected the bike enough offn to the side that it probably saved my life. Fractured wrist, torn ligaments from my shoulder, broke off the balljoints an snapped one bumper bolt an bent the bumper. i bent back the bumper an still ride with it an called Duncan on the phone an thanked them for the bumper. Buy a Duncan. The 7 bikes were dragging down the road an came around the bend....i missed 6 of them. Yeah those bumpers are nice but they seem very over priced at $150.

300exBorg
04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Blingstar has the best bumpers without a doubt in my opinion. I just ordered another Iron Cross Blingstar bumper off Ebay for $100 the other day. I like them because of course they look awesome and they are solid as hell. I've had good luck with some PRM bars too actually but Blingstar is def king in my book hands down.

jkosakowski
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 300exBorg
Blingstar has the best bumpers without a doubt in my opinion. I just ordered another Iron Cross Blingstar bumper off Ebay for $100 the other day. I like them because of course they look awesome and they are solid as hell. I've had good luck with some PRM bars too actually but Blingstar is def king in my book hands down.

AGREE!!!

05DodgeDakota
04-23-2012, 05:37 PM
CJM if you want a stocker get one off of a 450r, they are the same style but are alittle wider.

Can't believe no one has said Rath! That will be my choice when I get around to buying a bumper

CJM
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 05DodgeDakota
CJM if you want a stocker get one off of a 450r, they are the same style but are alittle wider.

Can't believe no one has said Rath! That will be my choice when I get around to buying a bumper

Oh I dont need a new one, I finally bought a PRM baja bumper. Its very nice.