PDA

View Full Version : Stewart out at JGR?

madskrillz2
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Anyone else heard these rumors yet? Supposedly he's been spotted with Metcalfe testing a Suzuki and his display bike at JGR has been taken down.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-14-2012, 01:57 PM
It's about time. He needs to jump on a Suki or Kawi and see how it goes. If he wrecks as much, time to call the career a wrap.

dxcody
04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
It's about time. He needs to jump on a Suki or Kawi and see how it goes. If he wrecks as much, time to call the career a wrap.

You read my mind.

If Stewart keeps wrecking like this, he is going to end up in a wheel chair or he is going to hurt someone else's career.

SRH
04-14-2012, 03:47 PM
i heard honda, if he sucks on the honda...well....he truly is washed up

XCRacer236
04-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Been washed up for 2 years....

SRH
04-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
Been washed up for 2 years....

he beat villopoto straight up twice this year..... but kevin windham is the fan hero and can barely crack the top 5

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SRH
he beat villopoto straight up twice this year..... but kevin windham is the fan hero and can barely crack the top 5

Proof that fans prefer a good attitude along with riding skill. Stewart is far to cocky for my liking. I love watching him ride but I'll never buy anything with his name on it.

buck440
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by SRH
but kevin windham is the fan hero and can barely crack the top 5

man ain't that the truth. judging by the cheers at the races you would think he's the top dog. he's like the earnhardt jr. of mx lol.

dxcody
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Well put YFZ.

I love to watch stewart ride... He makes those lines that you just sit there and go, :eek2: :huh haha

But K-Dub is cool.

Attitude goes a long way.

madskrillz2
04-14-2012, 06:43 PM
I've always been a Stewart fan but it's been pretty frustrating to watch him the last two years. I just want him to get on something everyone considers a "good bike" so we can see if that really was the problem. If he starts playing in the dirt again on another bike, I'm giving up hope that he can still be a contender.

KingpinsEx
04-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't think its the bike. He used that excuse before and JGR was tailoring everying to him. He said that his current bike is way better than what he was riding before, however he is still crashing out all of the time. I really don't think its the bike, Millsaps has been doing good, aside from that freak crash this past race. He never should have stopped at the peak of his game and expect to come back and dominate. If Villopoto did that the same thing would probably happen. The reason hes still on top is he is focused, not out partying and making T.V. shows.

madskrillz2
04-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I don't think its the bike. He used that excuse before and JGR was tailoring everying to him. He said that his current bike is way better than what he was riding before, however he is still crashing out all of the time. I really don't think its the bike, Millsaps has been doing good, aside from that freak crash this past race. He never should have stopped at the peak of his game and expect to come back and dominate. If Villopoto did that the same thing would probably happen. The reason hes still on top is he is focused, not out partying and making T.V. shows.

Well of course he's gonna say it's way better than what he was riding before. If I was sitting in a press conference after I had just signed over a million dollar contract, I'd say whatever they wanted me to about the bike.

89trx250r
04-15-2012, 06:19 PM
He can say all he wants its still the same Yamaha no mater what you do to it...Davi is like 6'3 190+ James is like 5'5 150 of course the bike is gonna handle differently for each rider...And as was posted if your sitting there at a press conference are you gonna start saying how bad the bike is and how you hate it etc?

LTR450_#67
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
If Stewart were to get his speed and focus back. I think it would worth while for Suzuki as they need somebody. Metty is no doubt a good rider but just doesn't have the speed Stewart could possibly display again.....

blacknblue#2
04-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I dont know how true it is or anything but i heard rumor that TWO TWO said if he could work out his differences with JS and both be mature about it that he would like to put JS on one of the TWO TWO bikes.......I would like to see that really

madskrillz2
04-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I dont know how true it is or anything but i heard rumor that TWO TWO said if he could work out his differences with JS and both be mature about it that he would like to put JS on one of the TWO TWO bikes.......I would like to see that really

Yeah that was rumored before he signed with JGR. Two Two signed Ben Townley on for outdoors but he is out now for unjuries. I'm hearing they are most likely to sign Short since the "L&MC" team is falling apart.

KingpinsEx
04-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
He can say all he wants its still the same Yamaha no mater what you do to it...Davi is like 6'3 190+ James is like 5'5 150 of course the bike is gonna handle differently for each rider...And as was posted if your sitting there at a press conference are you gonna start saying how bad the bike is and how you hate it etc?

Exactly that is why I am sure there setups are nowhere near the same. They are not going to run the same suspension obviously. What I was refering to was James said they fixed all of bugs (excuses) from before that were causing him to not ride well. Whats his excuse now? JGR has the technology to build there own shocks to do what they want, they don't even have to go through a manufacturer. I remember like 3 years ago there was an article that JGR had a "brain" GPS on their bikes that took reading of the shock position at every point on the track. Imagine how far they have come with shock technology now. They tailor made that bike to James liking, even running different tires than who was sponsoring them. Bottom line people or james can't use the Yamaha as an excuse, it comes down to him.

jrspawn
04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Whos James Stewart?:blah:

madskrillz2
04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Exactly that is why I am sure there setups are nowhere near the same. They are not going to run the same suspension obviously. What I was refering to was James said they fixed all of bugs (excuses) from before that were causing him to not ride well. Whats his excuse now? JGR has the technology to build there own shocks to do what they want, they don't even have to go through a manufacturer. I remember like 3 years ago there was an article that JGR had a "brain" GPS on their bikes that took reading of the shock position at every point on the track. Imagine how far they have come with shock technology now. They tailor made that bike to James liking, even running different tires than who was sponsoring them. Bottom line people or james can't use the Yamaha as an excuse, it comes down to him.

I've heard the tires were a big part of the problem too. You can't tell me they ran Pirelli's because they were better. That had to be all about the money. I think it's 50/50. Part of it is Stewart and part of it is the bike. It's pretty well known that most people think the Yamaha is a turd. Like I said, I just want to see him on something different so that if he does start screwing up again we can lay the "Yamaha" excuse to rest for good.

madskrillz2
04-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Whos James Stewart?:blah:

Took you long enough to respond to this one. lol :D

madskrillz2
04-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Was just listening to the Pulp MX show and they pretty much confirmed it. Gavin Faith was on the show and he is on his way to North Carolina to start testing with JGR.

LTR450_#67
04-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Yay another boy from Iowa!

89trx250r
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Thank god!! That Yamaha is the biggest piece of **** since the one in my toilet last night. For those of you that say davi rides it thts because he is equal to two James stewarts on body size and type... James is a midget and a lightweight kinda like villopoto and the dunge. As long as James gets his mind in the game and on a bike that he is comfortable with mind and body he still can win... If he doesn't ride outdoors this year tho it's gonna be tough for him he needs to ride and train all year like the rest of the top guys!

rf928
04-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Found this earlier.

I think it sums it all up :)

http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/04/17/stewartjgr-rumor-update

madskrillz2
04-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Found this earlier.

I think it sums it all up :)

http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/04/17/stewartjgr-rumor-update

I'm sure he's still "legally" on the team but I'm willing to bet he's on his way out the door. If he shows up outdoors on a Yamaha I will be totally surprised. Actually, to be honest, I will be surprised if he shows up outdoors period.

939yamaha
04-17-2012, 08:20 PM
the combination of the **** tires james being super light and the new yamaha having completely screwed up weight biasing james' super aggresive riding style cant be put completely to the ground like he wants causing all these crashes. also his suspension is setup super stiff to compensate for his aggresive riding style but also gives the bike less traction. he is still undoubtably the fastest guy out there. not much faster than rv but still is. just get him back on something hes comfortable on. no man can carry on crashing like that and still push the limits that it takes to win races like that

Pacheco_450r
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
I can take or leave JS. Without a doubt he is a phenomenal rider, but he really has not patience on the track, it's just wide open right now all the time. I remember when he first moved up to the pro 450's class (250 class then) and he crashed almost every race back then too. Honestly if he just slowed down just a bit and rode smart/kept it on two wheels, he would be on the podium just about every week.

Looking forward to the outdoor series!

platummxracer8
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
james is still with JGR. not leaving anytime soon. hes out with an injury right now. gavin will be filling in his spot for now.

extremeblastr
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM
i remember when stewart was running with i think it was reed in the 125s at an outdoor race and people had been questioning how fast he really was and then like three times in a row he slowed down and let reed pass him and then just drove back by him like he was sitting still. can't remember the title but it was on youtube if someone wants to find it.

madskrillz2
04-18-2012, 08:59 PM
I read this over on VitalMx. Steve Matthes posted it and he's head of the PulpMx show. If any of you have ever listened to it, you know they usually have a lot of insider stuff on it.

"I didn't see Ping's Tweet but heard about it at the race. I asked around and no one seemed to believe that it was true. I even spoke with Ping, got some more details but honestly, I still don't believe it. Hence, I never reported on it being fact. I could be wrong but that's what I thought.

I guess we probably should have brought something up on the podcast but right now there's not much going on that is fact based and can be reported on. I had a good talk with Suzuki's Mike Webb on Saturday and learned some stuff. When we all hear about what is going to happen, the info I got will be built into a story. JGR guys aren't talking too much beyond the standard stuff because I honestly believe they're not sure what's going on.

People I know and trust have told me that he's never going to ride a JGR Yamaha ever again, other people tell me that he's injured and everything is fine (as fine as it can be for a guy that's not happy with his season). I texted back and forth with James a week ago, learned some stuff and he said he would call me but never did. I'm not upset about that, the dude's pretty busy.

Watson, Thomas and I spoke about it a bunch on the Pulpmx Show and as I said on there, we should know something soon."

mcwilly
04-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Part of me hopes he comes back on a different bike. One he is honestly comfortable on and not just riding for the $$. So the whole 'James sucks' vs. 'the bike sucks' argument can be settled.

dxcody
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I personally feel james would be a whole lot better off if he got this whole "NASCAR" idea out of his head.

I guess he thinks he has to try and compete with Pastrana.

Ever since 2010, its like he has put 0% effort into his dirtbike racing.

His brother on the other hand looked pretty good last week until he wrecked.

madskrillz2
04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mcwilly
Part of me hopes he comes back on a different bike. One he is honestly comfortable on and not just riding for the $$. So the whole 'James sucks' vs. 'the bike sucks' argument can be settled.

Exactly how I feel. I just wanna know for sure he's washed up before I give up hope as a fan.

KKiowaTJ
04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
JGR wanted a championship but they also wanted their name on the daytona wall for yet another motor sport. JS7 got that done, Not only for JGR but for the mistake he made last year when he had it in the bag. JGR knew he would be hell bent for that win and took advantage.

I hope he gets as far away from yamaha as possible. Hes only wasting his own time with the current junk and risking serious injury upon it. That and if they really did try and taylor make it for him, Why didn't they make a custom chassis for him like they did the rear tire, Suspension etc and get back to a better ergonomic bike. If it wasn't for JS yamaha wouldn't even have a win on their new 450. But at a cost of consistent injury's and dirt naps.

Oh well, Hope he makes the nationals on something. I hope he sits out the rest of SX so he can heal up and go into it 100% or as close to it and give RV a challenge. Funny thing is, "Hope" is the only thing he has going for him and his fans.

madskrillz2
04-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
JGR wanted a championship but they also wanted their name on the daytona wall for yet another motor sport. JS7 got that done, Not only for JGR but for the mistake he made last year when he had it in the bag. JGR knew he would be hell bent for that win and took advantage.

I hope he gets as far away from yamaha as possible. Hes only wasting his own time with the current junk and risking serious injury upon it. That and if they really did try and taylor make it for him, Why didn't they make a custom chassis for him like they did the rear tire, Suspension etc and get back to a better ergonomic bike. If it wasn't for JS yamaha wouldn't even have a win on their new 450. But at a cost of consistent injury's and dirt naps.

Oh well, Hope he makes the nationals on something. I hope he sits out the rest of SX so he can heal up and go into it 100% or as close to it and give RV a challenge. Funny thing is, "Hope" is the only thing he has going for him and his fans.

I don't think you can modify anything on the actual frame.

KKiowaTJ
04-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I don't think you can modify anything on the actual frame.

Not sure myself either, Just went off of everything else that has been custom made. I just dont think the bike suits him plain and simple. All bikes ride and perform different and JS and yamaha dont mix apparently.

89trx250r
04-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Nah same as quad rules no modifying of frames, geometry or anything major like that...The most they get away with was moving the motor back like 1/2 of an inch or something I read.

madskrillz2
04-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
Not sure myself either, Just went off of everything else that has been custom made. I just dont think the bike suits him plain and simple. All bikes ride and perform different and JS and yamaha dont mix apparently.

I know I've heard of them lowering subframes since most of them are midgets but I think that's as far as it goes. I guess the subframe for some reason isn't considered the frame. A lot of quad guys do it too.

outacontrol
04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
another forum shows a #7 number plate on a motoconcepts honda. allessi rides a suz so im not sure where the honda came from.
http://relentlessmx.com/2012/04/20/james-stewart-on-motoconcepts-honda/

BlasterEaten250
04-20-2012, 07:11 PM
I saw that, not sure I believe it the more I think about it. I think motoconcepts is just having a little fun. I bet it's Canada's ride

outacontrol
04-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Probably so

rollie
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
another forum shows a #7 number plate on a motoconcepts honda. allessi rides a suz so im not sure where the honda came from.
http://relentlessmx.com/2012/04/20/james-stewart-on-motoconcepts-honda/

Motoconcepts runs suzuki 450's and honda 250's, just a joke for one of seattle's football players whoever is #7 lol

madskrillz2
04-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Saw this on VitalMx once again from Matthes
"And there is something to the James Stewart-leaving-JGR thing: it’s real and there are talks behind the scenes. Whether he does or not, we should know real soon. If he goes anywhere, it will be factory Suzuki and it will be officially for the start of the 2013 supercross series, although my sources say that if he feels comfortable on the yellow bike, later on in June or July he could show up for some nationals. But I don’t think he’s racing motocross on a JGR Yamaha—he doesn’t have to by the terms of his contract, and with the way his year is going, I’m not looking to see him on the line at Hangtown on blue or yellow. Best-case scenario is later on in the summer, methinks.

Whether or not it’s true, the fact that James thinks the Yamaha is not the bike for him is in his head. And if you’ve ever dealt with riders, you know that the brain is often the strongest tool these guys have. Whether it’s true or not, James thinks the bike is part of the reason why he’s not having the same success as before and that’s an open or shut deal. What are you going to do? Convince him otherwise by typing out an online manifesto on why the Yamaha works for you in the local Vet B class?

So what’s the hold-up? Well, like a lot of things, it’s the dollars and cents of the deal. We know that James almost went yellow before the season but the deal just wasn’t good enough, and when Stewart rode the JGR Yamaha, he was convinced that the guys there could make a bike that worked for him. Sources also tell me that Suzuki is going to be able to find out its budget for 2013 this week and that it would take “a couple of days” for Stewart and his lawyers to get out of the JGR deal. I’m told the JGR guys, some of the nicest people in the pits, would be open to James getting out of his contract if he asked because we can all see it’s not working and they’re shelling out some serious money for not-so-serious results.

So let’s wait and see what happens. I know the fans and the industry are salivating with every rumor they hear but for right now, we’re all just waiting. These things aren’t easy to do—a lot of pieces have to come together, and in the end, if Suzuki can’t make it work for Stewart, it’s back to the drawing board for Stewart and JGR."

rf928
04-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't follow too closely, but I would be surprised if suzuki could afford him.

madskrillz2
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Sorry to bump this but I didn't want to start a new thread for something small. I guess he's confirming himself in for Hangtown. Can't wait to hear the "more news to come" part.
"@js7 I look forward to seeing my fans at hangtown behind the starting gate. More news to come soon. Here we go fo http://instagr.am/p/J6LKbHhPai/"

madskrillz2
04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Here's some more details. Good to hear he's gonna attempt to run the whole series.

Matthes' update in today's Racerhead:

"James Stewart’s status as a member of the JGR Yamaha team remains a mystery, but his plans for the summer do not. For the first time since 2008, when he went 24-0 in outdoor motocross, Number Seven will line up as a full-time outdoor rider at the May 19 Hangtown Classic, which starts the 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. We knew it might be coming, but we also knew not to hold our breath—James has played some games in the past, hinting this way, going that way. He's been trying to sort out where and what he's going to do moving forward with the JGR squad. It’s gotten so “out there,” and there is so much speculation, that the MotoConcepts team even had some graphics mocked up with Stewart’s #7 on them and put them on a bike they had in the pits at Seattle.

That didn’t go over well with the JGR guys, but the simple matter is that yes, James Stewart is probably leaving the JGR team. There is nothing done yet (I really thought it was coming Tuesday, but now I hear it won’t be officially announced until after the Las Vegas SX), and in talking to Jeremy Albrecht (team manager) and Coy Gibbs (owner) of JGR, I get the sense that they’ve accepted this change of fate.

The union hasn’t worked for either side. James was not getting the results he thought he was going to and JGR hasn’t gotten the results they thought they were paying for. Stewart and the Yamaha YZ450F haven’t gelled at all, and the real reasons James is struggling don’t really matter—it’s in his head, and that’s what counts.

Before James can really start talking to anyone officially, he has to be released from his contract. That means lawyers for both sides agreeing to terminate the deal. I get the sense that although JGR could hold him to the deal and try to dig up something that says Stewart’s been talking to other people to try and recoup some money, they won’t do that. It’s best to just acknowledge that this thing didn’t work, wish each other well, and move on.

From there, Stewart’s got to get on another team. And seeing how he came close to racing for Suzuki before signing with JGR, I’d bet heavy money he’ll be on a Suzuki as soon as he’s officially released. If we see this happen, I have to admire Stewart for giving up millions of dollars at JGR Yamaha to ride for a team I guarantee you isn’t paying him anywhere near the same rate. He also could have hung out all summer, collected his cash, and not put the time and work in to race the nationals; he didn’t have to race, per the terms of his JGR contract. Instead, he’s so frustrated by not being able to win that he’s just going to walk away. That, my friends, takes balls.

You could ask why he’d sign the JGR deal in the first place, and that would be a fair question. He thought it could work, and judging by all the trick stuff JGR’s done to the bike since James has been there, everyone’s been working hard to try to get the Yamaha working to Stewart’s satisfaction. It just hasn’t been enough. The JGR guys are good people. James is a good guy. Sometimes things just don’t work out. As Davey Coombs once told me, all things end badly—that’s why they end."

LTR450_#67
04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Sounds like Stewart has a lil fire under his ***.....hopefully a yellow bike can get it done.