PDA

View Full Version : Lost key

racefan15
04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Hey guys. Had my sons Eton 90 Viper in storage for a little while while we were moving and now cant find the key. I know I can order a whole new ignition and 2 new keys online for around $30 from lots of different vendors, but hate the idea of buying stuff I dont need. Do I have any other options? I believe the bike is an 2002 or 2003.
Thanks

(also, anyone got any cool parts for this bike? Nerf bars, front bash bar, etc????)

GetOut&Ride
05-04-2012, 06:20 AM
All of these mini-quads are basic close/open circuit key configurations. I can't tell you which wires (maybe can find in a manual somewhere or trace from under the ignition housing) but the key is just a basic switch (think of like a light switch in a house) that is either a 'normally open' or 'normally closed' circuit and when you turn the key to "on/run" you are 'opening' or 'closing' that circuit.

So assuming you have a handlebar mounted kill switch (or tether) somewhere on the bike to still turn off the bike you could modify the key to be always "on".

In a nutshell once you find out whether the bike runs in a normally closed or normally open circuit configuration then you could cut the ignition/ground wire (if it runs in open circuit position when key is turned to on) or wire nut close the circuit (if it runs in closed circuit position when key is turned on).

Good luck