PDA

View Full Version : another engine down

ryan 83
04-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I have a hetrick built 90 I purchased off a fellow last summer. My son was riding today and we noticed it smoking a little from around the front of the engine. I pulled it in the garage and noticed water blowing around the spark plug hole. I took the cylinder cover and the head off. it appeared to me the bike had been apart before with all the orange silicone around the o-ring on the cylinder head. I am not real familiar with the liquid cooled bikes. piston appears to be tight in cylinder no slop and clean. Is that o-ring suppose to stop the liquid from coming around the cylinder cover? Head gasket appeared to me it was kind of mangled when I pulled the head off. Any help on this would be appreciated

fomospede
04-13-2012, 01:47 AM
get new gaskets and install per manual if its still leaks after that its probably damaged
warped and or cracked

selbygirl
04-14-2012, 09:10 AM
i wonder if you got eny water in the eng case . i would try to get the water out , i would take take the motor off of bike and try to drain it , and maybe pour some 2 stroke oil in case AND DRAIN THE OIL OUT MAY HELP FLUSH WATER OUT , YEARS AGO MY SON RAN HIS BIKE IN SOME WATER AND IT BURNT THE BEARING S UP , AND TAKE THE PIPE OFF MAKE SURE THERS NO WATER IN THAT , AND IF YOU CANT FIND ENY O RINGS , TRY TRACTOR SUPPLY TSC IF YOU HAVE ONE CLOSE TO YOU THEY SELL ALL KINDS OF O RINGS