PDA

View Full Version : tranny problems

900rracer
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Anyone have shifting problems with their 450SX? I thought I just stripped the splines on the shift lever but I still cant get it to shift even with a new shift lever. When I try to shift down to first, the lever goes way down and I can't get my toe back under it to upshift. I am wondering if it is shift drum or other internal transmission malfunction. Any ideas????

900rracer
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Guys, if anyone knows anything about these KTM transmissions, please help. I am trying to go to Nationals next weekend and my quad will not upshift. It goes to first gear then will not upshift to second. the shift lever goes up but does not "click" the gears. the lever stays in the "up" position and I have a hard time getting it back to first...Are there any know KTM transmission problems????

89trx250r
04-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Sounds like your shift forks are bent or broken...

900rracer
04-15-2012, 06:22 AM
The weld at the end of the shift shaft broke. This is the point where it is welded to the tab that rotates the shift drum. The weld broke bad. As long as I can find one this week and get it over-nighted, I should still be able to put it together and go to nationals!