PDA

View Full Version : Stock vs. Lonestar Swingarms?

hsr
03-04-2003, 08:12 PM
It seems as if everyone has to upgrade to an aftermarket swingarm and people always say anything aftermarket is better than stock. Why is it when i do a search on lonestar swingarms on this site the only thing that comes up about them is that they are always CRACKING!!! I hear of lonestars cracking more than i hear of stock ones cracking/breaking??? Whats up with this???

:confused:

hsr
03-04-2003, 08:19 PM
bump

forum
03-04-2003, 08:23 PM
becasue big time racers switch there swingarms before they have a chance to break. and some of them switch to lsr. I personaly wouldn't buy lsr. I have seen one break rite infront of my own eyes. Its not some bull i read on a website. I"VE SEEN IT. ALso my buddy (fleshwound) broke his stocker at the pivot area. Go leager if you buy one. they are good and cheap.

edit. and the swing arm was less then a year old.

Pappy
03-04-2003, 08:23 PM
LSR needs to get its act together. thats whats up. i hate when any company gets bashed....but lsr needs a boot in the arse to get right again:macho i like the majority of their products...but id run far away from their swing arms until they prove to me that the run of problems are over:)

hsr
03-04-2003, 09:01 PM
thanks guys, anyone else? i guess my main concern is whether or not my stock 300ex swingarm is going to hold up for mx , with all of the other chassis mods done ( a-arms, shocks, axle)...???:devil

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Well LSR from what I understand makes different swingarms with different strengths. My friend has one from LSR built for sand drags and is very light. It is also very week and he won't ride his bike out of the sand because he knows the first rock, wood, etc. he hits will bend or break it.

Just my thoughts thou...

forum
03-04-2003, 09:34 PM
tho one i saw break was a mx swingarm

hsr
03-04-2003, 10:21 PM
bump

Bean
03-04-2003, 11:39 PM
i have seen welded walsh's, LSR's, Laeger's, etc, no big deal, everything breaks someday

bongwater200
03-05-2003, 12:05 AM
I have broken every brand of swingarm I've ever used, even a Laeger. You WILL eventually break any swingarm, its just a matter of time. My Arens swingarm held up the longest, and when I finally did crack it, it was easily repairable. I'm still using it to this day, and its about 4 years old. Every other swingarm, by the time they cracked ( which didn't take too long in most cases ) they were wasted beyond repair.

OutlawEX
03-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Id take any LSR product over stock

AndrewRRR
03-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Is this cracking LSR swingarm problem a recent thing, or is it only on certain models? I have a LSR +4" baja (thicker walled) swingarm on my R. It's probably 4 years old. Should I be concerned? I don't jump 150 feet, but I do jump and hit whoops pretty fast.
I have a Laeger +5" on my suzuki, but I can't really comment on strength issues with that since it's a drag bike, and I'm not about to jump it on purpose (street bike motors are heavy!).

OutlawEX
03-05-2003, 09:13 AM
From what LSr told me ,they fixed their poorly designed swingarm..I did have the bad swingarm but they just replaced it about 2 months ago with a totally different design...

OutlawEX
03-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Here is my old POS

Scott400EX
03-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Mine is jsut like outlaws swing arm with the gussets at the pivot bolt corners being added in the new design. It looks a lot stronger than other LSR swingys ive seen. But enything will last longer than stock. but like anything if you abuse it it will break.

I think LSR gets a bad rep because they sell so many and the more there are out there the more ppl there are to say that there stuff breaks easier and you get that there stuff is weak when its not really any weaker than anyone elses.

There service and time to get you parts is deffinately down the tubes tho. Took them 12 weeks to get me my a arms

305exracer11
03-05-2003, 11:37 AM
i have a +2 lsr swingarm on my 300ex, i havent had any problems with it.