PDA

View Full Version : Dyno in NEPA?

piejazz96
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I was wondering if there is any place in Northeast PA that could dyno and map my kfx.

I know of Warhorse but they'll most likely send it back worse than it is now and take 6 months to do it.

Thanks, Pierce

quadracer556
04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
ugh,i was down to warhorse 2 weekends ago for the first time and found out they had one,that was going to be my recommendation till i read what you said.so a huge shop with millions in inventory cant hire good mechanics.big suprise there.i'm so sick if that being the norm anymore.its pathetic.let me know if you find one,i'm interested as well.good luck.

lonnie1977
04-12-2012, 08:29 PM
ECATV in Quakertown. Right down the NE Extension from ya. Hear they do good work. All shops take 2 months to get work done. Every time I build a quad it is wait wait wait for some one. Sparks CT ECATV. It will be done next weekend. 1 month later your get what you wanted if your lucky. Just the way it is it seems. Almost always get great work done just expect it to take a month or so to get it done.

quadracer556
04-12-2012, 10:07 PM
cool thx for the heads-up.btw i would stand in front of my quad,bend over and try to drive it up my *** before i ever take one to east coast atv again.that place is a joke.they have no business even being in business.pathetic fools,the whole lot of them.

89trx250r
04-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Hahahahaha thank god ECATV is the biggest ****ing scam artist shop in the area! They deal mostly in stolen quad parts, they only care about making money from you and will do anything to do so...There scumbags avoid going there at all costs.

quadracer556
04-13-2012, 03:58 PM
yes sir,sorry for a little bit of thread hijack here but oh well.these scumbags must be exposed.long story short....on advice from a buddy(bad move i know but i didnt have time and he assured me it would be all good) i took my quad there last year to fix a head gasket leak,fix a few stripped valve cover bolts,replace upper ball joints,new chain and sprockets 14/38, new rear brake everything (rotor pads),set of beadlocks all around. 2 months and 1,300 later i got a quad back with used ball joints,leaking head gasket,no valve cover bolts fixed,15/38 gearing,new rear rotor with same old pads with metal showing and new beadlocks.needless to say i'm not allowed to go to or call the shop ever again after my response.i told dave the owner its a good thing cuz if i ever see him again i'm gonna kick his fu***** head in.my buddy covered the bill cuz he took it there and wanted to keep the peace since he had 2 race quads there getting work done at the time.he and i squared up but nonetheless when i see dave again it is on. fu** that p.o.s. dirtball scumbag.i will see him again.

piejazz96
04-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Yea no it's ok. I pretty much found what i'm looking for and learned to stay away from this place along with Warhorse.

Thanks, carry on...

quadracer556
04-13-2012, 10:02 PM
so what was the result.where is that which you were looking for?

KingpinsEx
04-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't even let them think leaving the quad there is an option. If you schedule an appointment to have it tund it should take 1-2, 3 hours max and be done. I have had issues finding shops to do it in NW PA as well. Probably going to end up taking mine to Hetrick racing.

piejazz96
04-14-2012, 05:53 PM
I have this place that I used to go to out in Carbondale. The place is called Main Jet Technologies. He does okay work, it takes a little while sometimes. The only thing I don't like is that the guys he has working for him. One time we found out this carbondale scum stole something, but Bob offered to replace it.

Anyway he has a dyno but it hasnt been working in a while, he says it should be up in a week or two. He dynoed my trx and it came out amazing.

The only thing is that he take a long time and sometimes can be unreliable. The two places I would take my quad out to is Murray's Kawasaki (ex-kawasaki --> lost dealership because he wasnt bringing in enough revenue and was too small) he still does work and its the best I have found so far. He worked on my crf450r as well. This place is right in Scranton. Also this place is the cheapest and has the best guys working there. One guy is a retired GNCC racer and knows what he's doin with quads. I think he is trying to sell his 05 trx as well just throwing that out there.

There is also Steve's cycle which we found. A little pricey (much better than warhorse or anywhere else) but does good work and has a nice store/shop. He is out in Moscow, PA

quadracer556
04-15-2012, 08:24 PM
alright i'll look into this.thx man i appreciate it.pm me to link up for some rides as you're close by.

piejazz96
04-15-2012, 08:54 PM
No problem, glad I could help. What do you do? MX? Trails?

Heatpump#4
04-16-2012, 05:38 AM
East Coast had always built my quads and ive never had a bad experince with them and they helped me out alot. But If you didnt wanna have your quad taken there i would highly recomend hetrick. Ive been up there a few times and rode with joel when he was on the 150, theyve got a pretty nice set up

KingpinsEx
04-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Heatpump#4
East Coast had always built my quads and ive never had a bad experince with them and they helped me out alot. But If you didnt wanna have your quad taken there i would highly recomend hetrick. Ive been up there a few times and rode with joel when he was on the 150, theyve got a pretty nice set up

Nice setup for a dyno? I have never been there but I was a little skeptical because they are not listed as DynoJet certified.

piejazz96
04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Yea they are a little out there. They could be considered on the line of being good and not. If you wouldn't mind taking it taking it to hetrick's, then I would. But since they are a 4 hour + one way trip, it's a little far.

He said his dyno is down at this moment, but should be getting it fixed within the next week or two, but knowing Bob, it might take a while.

Like I said, it's your decision. For me, he's the closest and cheapest dyno around me. But I wouldn't take it to him for regular work... There are better and cheaper places.