PDA

View Full Version : CRA - NE Ohio Racing

Logan #34's Dad
04-10-2012, 11:16 AM
If anyone wants to race some very quality competition on the weekends that there is not a National race, You all need to look into a CRA race. Especially at Malvern (in the area of Canton, Ohio) - The last race this past weekend rivaled any National race I've been at. Great competition at ALL levels of quad racing.
There is a 50cvt rider (Fast Jack) that could run with any 50 National Rider.....70auto is pretty fast, 90auto is a little weak, 90 Mod is LOADED, 300 class is fast, 450 class has a AMA champion (Parvin) who can be pushed by a couple people, the plus 30 class is strong too - come on DAD's! Money Quad class actually had Josh Upperman racing! And he had good competition from people like Tyler Hamrick.....
HOT BED for quad racing!
We race with the dirt bikes too so if your into that mess...... It does make for a long night but great people and great riders. If your not from the area, Make a weekend of it and check out some sites like the Pro Football Hall of Fameor get some true Amish cookin not far away.....
www.racecra.org

QUICK DISCLAIMER: IF YOUR RIDER IS CONSITANTLY RUNNING LAP TIMES FASTER THAN LOGAN - THEN PLEASE STAY HOME.
:devil:

nitrofish
04-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Agreed! Malvern is a fast, old fashion motocross track that even brings this old man out to race! I ride a two wheeler, sorry I got rid of the training wheels years ago! It is perfect for kids from beginner to... well like Rocky said Josh Upperman was there! I was getting worried about local quad racing, not anymore! There are alot of motos, so just plan on sittin' back and enjoy the races. A new owner is into the mix as well; a rider, a racer and a dirt mover by trade! Thanks for the compliment Rocky. Jack had a little extra this weekend. (see pic). He also placed his trophy next to dad's hospice bed the next day. The years I was growing up I never really thought I had anything in common with my dad. He worked 70 + hours a week dusk till dawn. One day he brought home a 50 minitrail dirtbike in the back of his Subaru Brat! His only days off were Wednesday, that coincided with open practice at numerous tracks and every other Saturday for some night racing. For the next many years that is what kept our family tight. If it were not for motocross we would have simply passed in the halls to go do our own thing. As my family and I wait for his last breath I see how much we have in common. I am my father's son, I too have a great family and we love to moto! Sorry I got a bit off tangent. It helps to share my grief with my other family, the moto family! Matt.

Logan #34's Dad
04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Matt, I feel your pain. I lost my dad to lung cancer not too long ago. Prayers are with you and your family.

On a lighter note: GET THE BOY TO THE BIG STAGE! He is ready to compete at a National level. It really is not much different than what your used to seeing. I know you see our local national riders flying around like they are nuts but keep in mind most of the National "mini" riders your seeing are much older with plenty of experience. After seeing Jack a couple times now, He will be a front runner at the Nationals......

nitrofish
04-10-2012, 01:28 PM
On a lighter note: GET THE BOY TO THE BIG STAGE! He is ready to compete at a National level. It really is not much different than what your used to seeing. I know you see our local national riders flying around like they are nuts but keep in mind most of the National "mini" riders your seeing are much older with plenty of experience. After seeing Jack a couple times now, He will be a front runner at the Nationals...... [/B][/QUOTE]

We plan on hitting a few before years end. Logan looked solid on that sick machine!

zach R 7x
04-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey Rocky, sucked we missed Malvern sat. , but we won't miss many more!

We did however run Pymatuning ( in PA) friday, this track has been revamped , made alot larger and is a riders track! They don't mess around there either , get the races in and out!

Hopefully we can get the big Ohio gang together and put on a show at Pyma sometime this summer!

Rocky is right , you want to race with great riders, come to cra on off national weeks and you will not be disappointed!

Logan #34's Dad
04-12-2012, 12:39 AM
So.....You think you can beat a girl????? Might wanna re-think...

Logan #34's Dad
04-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Malvern

Logan #34's Dad
04-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Going up then down.....

zach R 7x
04-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
So.....You think you can beat a girl????? Might wanna re-think...

She's no ordinary 13-14 yr old girl!!!
from experience, if you race her thinkin all she is is a girl, you'll be watchin her back # plate all night!