PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game!

rollie
04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Well august of last year i decided i was done racing, sold everything i owned and swore i never was going to buy another quad....and today i picked this up for a pretty good deal ahaha

motor's stock with a stock pipe which is awesome so i can ride anywhere, and its got gibson/PEP front and JB superlink/PEP out back

http://i40.tinypic.com/16qamu.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/35iue4p.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/28870g4.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lmwe49.jpg

DVXchic
04-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Nice.
I don't think anyone can ever really leave this sport.

Ruby Soho
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
looks good dude.

i left in 2009.. still have no desire to come back:p

however ill never sell my 110...and i hope you wont either:devil:

madskrillz2
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice. I've considered selling all my stuff but I cringe when I think about how much money I'd be losing. That and the fact I've seen 3 friends get out of the sport and less than a year later they're already back.

rollie
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah i will never be into it as much as i used to be, but knowing a bike is in the garage for whenever you get around to being able to go to the track for the day is awesome

01boneless
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
SWEET!!! looks like maybe just a set of nerfs and higher bars and you have more less a full mx quad! your red 05 is still my favorite on this whole site

blacknblue#2
04-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Yeah i will never be into it as much as i used to be, but knowing a bike is in the garage for whenever you get around to being able to go to the track for the day is awesome

Never say Never...I said my every weekend riding trips were a thing of the past the day said "I Do" but with a little boy due in august i have a good feeling that in about 5 or 6 years i am gonna be back into it as strong if not stronger than i was 5 to 6 years ago lol. By the way sharp quad..One of your past rides or just some of your past plastics? By looking at the quad and the tires it sure looks like someone who knew quad MX built it and someone else just thought it was bad a** on the blacktop haha

rollie
04-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Never say Never...I said my every weekend riding trips were a thing of the past the day said "I Do" but with a little boy due in august i have a good feeling that in about 5 or 6 years i am gonna be back into it as strong if not stronger than i was 5 to 6 years ago lol. By the way sharp quad..One of your past rides or just some of your past plastics? By looking at the quad and the tires it sure looks like someone who knew quad MX built it and someone else just thought it was bad a** on the blacktop haha

Those are just some old plastics i had hung up in the garage as a memory of racing lol, yeah it was owned by a Local A class guy, how the tires got like that i have no idea:p i got some new ones to go on there

Yeah the nerfs are chipped up pretty good, at some point ill probably just get everything powdercoated, rebuild the shocks and get new nerfs so i can have a decent looking bike again

mx Eli
04-11-2012, 08:47 AM
rollie i may be alittle slow but i just noticed your truck has the h2 rims, if you wouldnt mind could you take a picture or two of them:D

mkh155
04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Nice man!I did the same thing!I got sucked back in too..looks good!

NacsMXer
04-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Congrats man! That's a sick quad you picked up. Kinda cool having the stock pipe. I go by the same school of thought with my KLX 110. I removed the snorkel and jetted the carb, but I like the stock stealthy exhaust so I can ride without feeling guilty about pissing off neighbors.

BlasterEaten250
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Stock pipe on otherwise built quad FTW :macho

junior636
04-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I got out 8 years ago and now at 29 just bought another and went to the track tonight. Lots of rust to shake off but it was the most fun I have had in awhile! Also cased a 50 foot double and had my worst crash ever tonight lol. Never decide to hit a jump last second, plan ahead...lol

madskrillz2
04-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by junior636
I got out 8 years ago and now at 29 just bought another and went to the track tonight. Lots of rust to shake off but it was the most fun I have had in awhile! Also cased a 50 foot double and had my worst crash ever tonight lol. Never decide to hit a jump last second, plan ahead...lol

Lol. Try having your a arm come out of the spindle on the face of a double. What makes it even worse is I was literally gonna be done for the day after that jump.

rollie
04-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Congrats man! That's a sick quad you picked up. Kinda cool having the stock pipe. I go by the same school of thought with my KLX 110. I removed the snorkel and jetted the carb, but I like the stock stealthy exhaust so I can ride without feeling guilty about pissing off neighbors.

Haha hell yeah my 110 motor and exhuast is bone stock and i gotta headlight so i can ride it anywhere, anytime! Haha

Hey mx eli, add me on facebook, Nick St.Pierre and theres tons of pics of my truck lol

KXRida
04-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I left bikes but I'm debating on a sport quad to trail ride. 400ex would be a fun quad to mess around on. Either way nice looking quad you picked up.

HondaRacing83
04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
I left bikes but I'm debating on a sport quad to trail ride. 400ex would be a fun quad to mess around on. Either way nice looking quad you picked up. Cant go wrong with a 400ex. Plentiful of used aftermarkets and keeps up with 450s in the woods easy. The track is where you run into problems with 400exs lol

KXRida
04-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
Cant go wrong with a 400ex. Plentiful of used aftermarkets and keeps up with 450s in the woods easy. The track is where you run into problems with 400exs lol

I used the race quads way back in the day and it's not for me. My track days are long and gone due to many injuries. Just looking for a warrior or 400ex to trail ride on the weekends.

beastlywarrior
04-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
I used the race quads way back in the day and it's not for me. My track days are long and gone due to many injuries. Just looking for a warrior or 400ex to trail ride on the weekends.
If you go warrior im the one to talk to:cool:

Sick quad rollie maybe just put an hjc tip on it. I always hated when i had to go to the track on a quad with a stock pipe

blacknblue#2
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Lol. Try having your a arm come out of the spindle on the face of a double. What makes it even worse is I was literally gonna be done for the day after that jump.

It took me 10 years to figure out you NEVER........NEVER say "let me hit that jump one more time and we will load up" that "one more time" never goes just as it had been going the rest of the day...When I even think im done now i just quit and undress hahah

mx Eli
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Haha hell yeah my 110 motor and exhuast is bone stock and i gotta headlight so i can ride it anywhere, anytime! Haha

Hey mx eli, add me on facebook, Nick St.Pierre and theres tons of pics of my truck lol

will do, names Eli stigler here