PDA

View Full Version : bent lonestar axle ,help

robinson446
04-09-2012, 05:49 PM
my sons quad has a small wobble on his axle on the quad , not bad , but he can fell it when hes in the air , my question is , can we have it straightened , without sending it to lonestar, ? dont want to wait a week or two to get it back , i have hurd of them exploding when others have done it by themselves , thanks

zkracing41
04-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I bent my lsr axle and sent it into lsr and had it back straight in 1 week for free.

deathman53
04-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I never had them straightened. My friends had and several times later, they just got bent again. I did hear of "straightened" axles rebending quickly and some just breaking. I personally, all my atv's don't have straight axles. I bought a axle from my friend, who sent it back to LSR 2-3 times to be straightened. I got it straight, in not long time it got a wobble, I rode it with the wobble and 2 years later the wobble got so back that I couldn't ride it anymore. I wouldn't worry about the wobble in the axle, once you can feel it to the point that its hard to ride, then get it fixed.

Balaz_73*00
04-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I bought an LSR used a couple years back with no warranty card. It had a wobble so I sent it back and was going to pay the $60 to fix it. They broke it while straightening it so they sent me a brand new one in the box, with a warranty card. Can't beat that. They have an A+ in my books. Thats why I wouldn't trust getting it straightened elsewhere.

zkracing41
04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
same here, they have excellent customer service and it was straight when i got it back.

robinson446
04-16-2012, 06:15 PM
yeah sent it back ,they are fixing it for free , and i purchased a new one in the process , thanks guys

d3ktrix
04-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Get an RPM axle and u won't have to worry about that anymore.

Ive seen more LSR axles snap clean off at the hub or sprocket then any other brand axle. I'd never run one, seen them cause a few bad crashes.

I went through 3 gforce axles in 2 years, gave up and went to RPM. Its been on my bike for 4 years and it's still perfect.