PDA

View Full Version : stock shocks need to go...

400exjoker
04-09-2012, 12:35 AM
seems like im out riding my stock front shocks, they keep botteming out! specially on some jumps around where i ride.. and there's nothing that big around here. im afraid im going to bend my a-arms so im guessing shocks are the route i need to go..

whats better on budget?

honda 450r shocks

yfz shocks

any others? explain... no i dont want the expensive BS

ive found these on ebay..http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-75-400mm-Pair-Air-Front-Shock-Absorber-Honda-TRX-450-ATV-Quad-Gokart-Replace-/180821269903?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a19c99d8f im not sure if they are good or crap but says fits the trx 450 and is a replacement, prolly cheap and will fall apart but yeah if anyone has experience with them let me kno please

dxcody
04-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by 400exjoker

ive found these on ebay..http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-75-400mm-Pair-Air-Front-Shock-Absorber-Honda-TRX-450-ATV-Quad-Gokart-Replace-/180821269903?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a19c99d8f im not sure if they are good or crap but says fits the trx 450 and is a replacement, prolly cheap and will fall apart but yeah if anyone has experience with them let me kno please

I know you asked for experience, but

You dont want them man, those are for Flat Track i think.

Depending on what your using your shocks for,

MX they say that YFZ shocks are the way to go.

XC/trail riding 450R front shocks.

The reason they say 450R front shocks is because they are the best quality shocks to get Revalved/resprung.

GT Thunder, Jet, etc can revalve them and make them very good shocks.

Anytime you think about ATV upgraded suspension, your talking $$$ not very cheap. Its the sad truth.

What i would do if i were you, was look for a set of used shocks on here.

450R, YFZ, whatever you can find thats somewhat in your price range ($119 for new shocks will never be an "Upgrade" just fair warning.)

If your wanting shocks for MX i would find someone in the classifieds selling some.

A cheaper route to go would be, Elka, or Works. Those are decent shocks and there is usually quite a few used sets on CL, Ebay and here.

Just my opinion.

Just about anything will be an upgrade over your shocks now.

Drfat400ex
04-09-2012, 07:11 AM
I got my yfz shocks for $75, work great, I can't think they're worn out they feel great riding and I've never heard a squeek from em yet. I didn't revalve and respring though, I really don't mind that they arn't perfect for me. Not sure if the last guy had them revalved and resprung, but if he did I think we're about the same size except he used them for MX and I'm going to use them mostly for trails and a little MX maybe. They're a great upgrade no matter which one you go with.

Nick24
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I got some HLS shocks off of ebay. I believe they are made by GT Thunder. Then I put the GT Thunder link on the back and got the shock revalved as well.

It lowered it and made the ride much better. The link improved the travel and eliminated the "buck" of the stock shock.

I would definitely buy the HLS shocks again and they were not that expensive for new shocks.

400exjoker
04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
ok thanks for the info