PDA

View Full Version : Getting started in TT

05DodgeDakota
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
First where online has the most selection and best prices for TT tires? Also what is a cheap way to lower the front and rear more than just removing all the preload in the stock shocks? Tried straping the front end down, it worked but my steering was nonexistant on the track lol

gasguzzler
04-08-2012, 11:41 PM
I've picked up some used flat track tires on ebay along with some lowering kits.

05DodgeDakota
04-09-2012, 12:01 AM
prefer to buy new unless I'm buying from a friend. Never have, never will use ebay

dxcody
04-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by 05DodgeDakota
prefer to buy new unless I'm buying from a friend. Never have, never will use ebay

I dont know if you consider me a "friend" or not, but i have you on Fbook and here, and i have bought and gave/sold a few things on here...

I have a front end lowering kit. Lowers your front end about 3 1/2"

$20 shipped

Its for a Z400 but they use the same style shocks as a 400ex, and i can check and make sure they do fit and take pics before you comit to a buy, and so you can see what it will look like.

Just PM me or somethin if you want to.

I only used the kit for 1 day and it makes your shocks really stiff so i took it off.

05DodgeDakota
04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I might take you up on that. Did you try and remove all the preload from your shocks to help with the stiffness? What I really rather do is find a stock shock off another bike like a blaster or 250/300ex that is shorter and will fit that way I'm not changing the shock angle.