PDA

View Full Version : Shifter shaft not lining up

racrdude41
04-08-2012, 10:22 PM
while installing my shifter shaft it will not line up with the shift drum.
I have a picture that helps explain

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad250/racrdude41/7.jpg

blacknblue#2
04-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Its hard for me to see much on my phone but i can tell your missing the stay plate that bolts over your shifter drum? Im assuming these are all the same parts that were always in place right? no replacement shifting mechanism parts? have you tried moving the shifting drum clockwise/counter clockwise and follow it with your shiftshaft until things fall into place, and then go through the gears and see how everything is operating?? i hope thats all understrandable... i have better luck showing things instead of trying to explain it haha

DnB_racing
04-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Its hard for me to see much on my phone but i can tell your missing the stay plate that bolts over your shifter drum? Im assuming these are all the same parts that were always in place right? no replacement shifting mechanism parts? have you tried moving the shifting drum clockwise/counter clockwise and follow it with your shiftshaft until things fall into place, and then go through the gears and see how everything is operating?? i hope thats all understrandable... i have better luck showing things instead of trying to explain it haha yes definitely missing guide plate, that along with proper alignment, like blacknblue said should bring it right in

racrdude41
04-10-2012, 09:48 AM
When I was trying to align it the guide plate was on. The picture was more for showing how much it was off (very little) I got it to line up I just took off and realiged with the pin on the bottom of the shift drum I think it wasn't sitting all the way down on the drum Evan with the pin lined up