PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Moto 4 80cc

Rohr397
04-08-2012, 08:39 PM
My friend just gave me one from 1986 for free, the motor isn't running but everything else is in good condition and works. I'm curious where I can buy parts and stuff for this quad, obviously doesn't have the parts availability of my 400ex. I just need to figure out what's wrong with the motor and fix up the rear brake.

In fact I was actually wondering if there's any motors I can swap into this quad without any major fussing, frame modification or heavy metal work. I can't justify spending tons of money on this quad since I'll never get it back. Just enough for my friends and I to ride around the pits at nationals or goon ride from time to time.

This forum will be my little tear down and rebuild section. I'll do updates and post up pictures from start to finish. This is definitely not going to be built up to look sick. Like I said, it's a total goon quad and will be built accordingly.

ccdhowell
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Good luck with the old Yamaha. We had one for a number of years that our kids rode. I sourced most parts on ebay, new and used. The downfall of our quad was my youngest figured out how to pop wheelies by reving the engine and dropping the gear shifter down in gear. This finally broke the transmission and I decided not to spend the money on it.

crlt250r
04-14-2012, 05:47 PM
I had the same thing. 86 Moto 4, carb cleaning, o-rings, and new plug, she runs like a smoky top!! The Badger 80 is the same motor. Not sure about the 80 Raptor though. Pretty easy machine, and ours will run nearly 45 miles an hour... Little scary without suspension! Lol

907quadracer
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I have owned both raptor 80 and badger/ moto 4. they are the EXACT same thing just different plastic!

Rohr397
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Haha I'm stoked on this little thing, it'll be a blast and I keep urging my uncle to put my cousins on a quad so that'll be good. They're race material!

I haven't had time to do much on the badger, been doing a lot of work, school and trying to sell a Banshee.

crlt250r
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Here's my 5 year old Avery on his old Moto4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bJUsm1GFxg&feature=youtube_gdata_player