PDA

View Full Version : ? on carb's 06 and 05

quadfmx
04-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I had heard since the 06 carb came out it was the better carb, easier to tune etc, but then I also heard the 05 was harder to tune but if you got it right it was better than the newer ones.
Now with all the carb boring etc does it have something to do with that but I am starting to see lots of riders remove their 06 carb and buy an 05 and put it on, it is usually Xc racers, but if someone could explain this to me a little better I would appreciate it,

And if its not too much trouble go into the boring carbs and throttle bodies as well, I know thats a different topic but some system,
need help here guys

Lquad71
04-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I race mx and I prefer the 06+ carbs because they are much more snappy. They make it feel faster and more responsive. The 05 carbs are much more rideable which is why you see them on bikes that race xc. I think the 05 carb has a little more top end than my 06 carb before it was bored. After I got my 06 carb bored to I believe a 43.5 then it was better than the xc in all areas. I havent bored an 05 before so i couldnt tell you. but if you want nice smooth power then that 05 is the way to go. The 06 feels a lot more aggressive and can make it a little harder holding on to in a tight xc compared to the 05.

ThumPIN_450R
04-08-2012, 03:47 PM
quadfmx... You're inbox is full.