PDA

View Full Version : Master for yfz calipers

bullett
04-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Ok so I've been reading for a while but could not find the answer to my question. I just swapped my calipers for the yfz calipers and also added ss lines. My question is, since the yfz calipers have dual pistons in them would I be ok to run the ex master? Or should I upgrade to the 450R or yfz master? I'm not sure if the ex master has enough power. Thanks

Stickman400
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I think you can still use the 400 master, but with the 450s master then you have more control over them since it was designed to be used with them. I'd wait for someone else to chime in here before you do anything though since I'm just guessing here.

CJM
04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
my friend is running the EX master with SS lines and yfz calipers with no issues at all.

NacsMXer
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
The 400EX master will work fine.

I swapped to a 450R front master cylinder after I did my YFZ front caliper swap. I thought it would have a bigger diameter piston in it to accommodate the dual piston calipers. Bigger diameter piston in the master cylinder = pumps larger volume of fluid and firmer brake lever feel. Well I was wrong haha. Both the 450R and the 400EX have nearly identical front master cylinders, with a piston diameter of 1/2".

If you wanted to get more braking power and a firmer lever, there have been members here that have run a streetbike front master, say, off a Honda CBR. These master cyl's have a 3/4" diameter piston.

bullett
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the replies. You guys saved me money. I was about to drop money on an R master. Ill look into the bike master. Thanks again