PDA

View Full Version : If you have the stones....

Pappy
04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
http://atvriders.com/atvnews/ama-atv-motocross-2012-02-two-stroke-throwback-race.html

dustinshuler
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I sir have the stones!!! Lol

Honda5
04-07-2012, 04:57 AM
I sir have the bike, I sir cant find my stones. Maybe I'll bring the bike and find someone who has not misplaced there 2-stroke stones.

Nac's22
04-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I have the stones, just don't have the bike together or the money to drive to Tenn. Hopefully this isn't a 1 time deal! It would be great to see this as a real class.

beastlywarrior
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
I have the stones just cant afford the bike

C-LEIGH RACING
04-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Pappy,
You know where I stand on this, cause when they turn my toes up & throw dirt on me in the ground, I'll still be 2 stroke.

Man! just think where the two strokes could be today, if only half the money spent keeping them 4 pokes running was used on the two strokes.
Neil

mohler
04-07-2012, 07:15 PM
i got the bike and work about 10 miles from muddy creek, but im an xc rider lol

Rohr397
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Someone give me the $$$ for a 250r and the travel expenses. ;)

fastredrider44
04-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by mohler
i got the bike and work about 10 miles from muddy creek, but im an xc rider lol

Don't let that stop ya!

04-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Nac's22
I have the stones, just don't have the bike together or the money to drive to Tenn. Hopefully this isn't a 1 time deal! It would be great to see this as a real class.

What would really be great is if more people actually rode their 250R's at the nationals at the classes they currently offer. Run them against the newer 450's instead of all by themselves in their own class. There are a ton of classes that you can run a 250R in.

I think I would be generous by saying each national might average a half dozen 250R's racing there. The last two years I have raced Red Bud there was maybe that many.

C-LEIGH RACING
04-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 8686
What would really be great is if more people actually rode their 250R's at the nationals at the classes they currently offer. Run them against the newer 450's instead of all by themselves in their own class. There are a ton of classes that you can run a 250R in.

I think I would be generous by saying each national might average a half dozen 250R's racing there. The last two years I have raced Red Bud there was maybe that many.

That sounds like a good idea & I'm guessing a reason might be, people dont know there are still classes they can compete in with the 250Rs.

I know in AMA/ATVA Extreme Dirt Track, I've been able to get the 2 strokes back into the Pro Am class & it is not limited to 265cc anymore either.
The cc limit is 306cc max in the Pro Am, so that means any Pro wanting to compete in that class can bolt on a 310 cylinder kit & go racing, level out the playing field a bit more & at a much lower cost as well.

One part of this I cant understand or cant see why others dont realize, that you can build that 2 stroke engine for less than half what it will cost to build the 4 stroke & the 2 stroke will do the same job as the larger 4 stroke even though the 2 stroke is a smaller engine.

A question I have, is that easy to ride 4 stroke, really worth the extra money one has to spend to keep it running, just to maintain that easy ride. That is what I want to know, cause I know it is a bunch of money being spent that really wouldnt have to be.
Neil

slamdak8782
04-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Maybe you could entice somebuddy to ride a purpose built R and win the Pro class. I would LMAO. Just need a great rider. I bet we could put one on the podium exriders style. That would be pretty great!
Who is up for the challenge? Who has the stones.

If you build it they will come.....

C-LEIGH RACING
04-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by slamdak8782
Maybe you could entice somebuddy to ride a purpose built R and win the Pro class. I would LMAO. Just need a great rider. I bet we could put one on the podium exriders style. That would be pretty great!

Well I hear Shane Hitt suppose to be back this coming EDT season, but we have heard that before & no show.
It might be something to it, now that the KTM gncc crew has broke camp, no more, so he could have more time on his hands to maybe compete.

I have a Pro rider lined up for this coming EDT season, but not talked to him in a few months to see where hes standing at this point.

You know anybody sitting on go.
Neil

04-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by slamdak8782

You can not run a 250R in the Pro class in either the mx nationals or Extreme Dirt Track series.

etccb
04-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 8686
You can not run a 250R in the Pro class in either the mx nationals or Extreme Dirt Track series.

EDT = Pro Am.
MX = ???Pro Am???

04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by etccb
EDT = Pro Am.
MX = ???Pro Am???

The highest class at the atv motocross nationals for a 250R would be Pro Am Unlimited. It's an open cc class.

slamdak8782
04-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Straight from GNCC Rule Book

C. RIDER ELIGIBILITY AND CLASSIFICATION:

1. XC1/XC2 (Bikes): The following riders are required to compete in either the XC1 or the XC2 classes:

a. Top 10 overall riders from previous year's GNCC, unless eligible for an age division;

b. Top five overall riders from previous year's AMA National Enduro, National Hare Scrambles, National Hare & Hound, EnduroXcross, SCORE or WORCS series;

c. Riders earning a gold medal during the previous three years at the ISDE (if 25 years or older), unless eligible for an age class;

d. International riders currently holding a top 3 overall ranking in their home country's national championship of similar type event;

e. Current AMA Pro Supercross or Motocross license holders who qualified for a Supercross or National Motocross in the current or previous year; or

f. By promoter discretion.

g. Riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year are eligible, but not required to race XC1.

h. The XC2 Champion from the previous year may remain in the XC2 class for one additional year to defend the title. Thereafter, the XC2 Champion must move to the XC1 class.

2. XC2 Lites (Bikes): The following riders are eligible, but not required, to compete in the XC2 Lites class:

a. Riders placing 11-50 overall the previous year;

b. Top three overall riders from previous year's GNCC "A" classes; or

c. By promoter discretion.

d. Former GNCC, WORCS, National Enduro, National Hare & Hound or EnduroXcross overall national champions in the past 5 years are not eligible for the XC2 class.

3. XC1 Pro (ATV): The following riders are required to compete in the XC1 Pro class:

a. Top 10 overall riders from previous year's GNCC, unless eligible for an age class;

b. Top five overall riders from previous year's AMA Pro ATV, WORCS; or

c. By promoter discretion.

d. Riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year are eligible, but not required to race XC1.

4. XC2 Pro-Am (ATV): The following riders are eligible, but not required, to compete in the Pro-Am class:

a. Riders placing 11-50 overall the previous year;

b. Top three overall riders from previous year's GNCC "A" classes;

c. Top five overall riders from previous year's ATVA or WORCS Pro-Am classes; or

d. By promoter discretion.

e. Former GNCC, WORCS or AMA Pro Motocross national champions in the past 5 years are not eligible for the Pro Am class.

D. MACHINE ELIGIBILITY AND CLASSIFICATION:

1. XC1 Pro (Bikes): (122cc-Open 2/4 Stroke).

2. XC2 Lites (Bikes): (122-250cc 2/4 Stroke).

3. XC1/XC2 (ATV): (201-450cc); Fuel tanks are limited to a 4-gallon maximum capacity. Production models only: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements, and aftermarket A-arms, caster brackets, swing-arms and suspension are permitted.

4. All machines must have silencers. Machines may be tested by officials any time prior to, during or after the event.

5. All machines must have a working kill switch (bikes) or tether cord (ATV).

6. No horns, bells or other sound devices are permitted on machines.

7. Machine sound level cannot exceed 98 dB/A.

8. The AMA Claiming Rule does not apply to XC1 or XC2 machines (Motorcycle or ATV)

9. The AMA Homologation requirements do not apply to XC1 or XC2 machines (Motorcycle or ATV).

So Im not really sure what they are saying but can someone explain? I do not know of anyone who could ride, but the riders eligible would be confined to these rules. It seems that any 250r could race as long as it was in the factory cases and had a stock frame. Hmm.. Does that sound right? Aproduction framed and engined R could still run it is still a production bike, it is just not in production. I am a XC guy so thats what rules I went by.

etccb
04-10-2012, 03:55 PM
There was also something in the production rules about last production date being a factor. Within the last 3 years or something like that.

rockingkfarms
04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
We can run a 250R in the Pro class at the GNCC's now. However, we cannot run an aftermarket framed R or hybrid. With Racer Productions parting ways with the AMA I believe this may change as early as 2013.

89trx250r
04-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Yea I was just gonna say I think the gncc dudes just this year kicked the AMA to the curb and are allowing 2/4 strokes to run...I didn't however know about the aftermarket frame rule...Hopefully that changes its a good start.

beerock
04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
hmmmm wondering if this will make the prices of R's raise once again?

C-LEIGH RACING
04-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I never thought I would ever see the day, ol beerock would sell his 250R stuff, times is really changing.
Neil

beerock
04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I have two r's ones in pieces(my original one) and the other is together.

I been on the fence about selling the parts I have but I dont have use for them.. unless i want 2 r's and I dont.